This is a common question, so let’s dive in a bit and talk about it.
First, is CBD oil safe for kids? Experience and studies would show that it is.
That said, you could talk to your naturopath or pediatrician before using any new treatment, including CBD oil on your child.
This is especially if they are taking other medications that may counter the reactions of the oil.
We appreciate you reading our post that may help your family’s health. For our Health Advice and Recommendations Policy, please click here.
Is CBD Oil Safe for Kids?
CBD oil for kids is quite common and some parents are using it even on very young children, in safe amounts.
It is NOT the same as marijuana and it won’t make your kid high.
You should take some time to learn about safe usage and dosages, however, as children’s bodies and brains are more sensitive than those of an adult.
CBD oil is safe, when it is used correctly. The same can be said for CBD oil for kids.
Here are some things you should know as a parent:
- CBD oil is NOT the same as THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. CBD will not get your child high.
- All CBD oils are not created equal. You should always go for a high-quality oil, especially if using it on your children.
- Always use CBD oil legally. While some manufacturers will try to tell you it’s legal everywhere, this is not the case. You should be informed of the laws in your state and always purchase it legally. The good news is that, as of now (January 2019), CBD oil is legal in all 50 states!
- CBD oil is the one go-to remedy because it is so versatile! Since it is capable of working in cells at the molecular level, it can just go in and fix whatever it may be! For example, you can take it for diarrhea and for constipation, low energy and hyperactivity, lack of appetite and insatiable appetite. It helps fix both opposing issues!
These are just a few basics to get you started on using CBD oil for children.
Hopefully this helps you in your own search for more information about these oils and how they might help your kid.
I personally find that CBD oil is very versatile.
If my kid is hyper and I give him CBD oil, he calms down.
If I am feeling low-energy in the morning or before a workout and I take some CBD oil, I actually get a boost of energy.
And if I want to experience a deeper sleep, I take it right before bed and I sleep right through the night.
I like to give it to my children during our homeschooling hours because I feel that it helps them focus and concentrate more.
I also find that, in our case, they retain information better.
Where to Buy CBD Oil?
Have you heard about the wonderful natural supplement called CBD oil yet? If so, you might have some questions about it like:
- What is CBD oil?
- What are CBD oil benefits?
- What is CBD oil used for?
- Well, I am going to be working on a series to answer all of your questions (so stay tuned).
All of the CBD oil products we recommend are Organic, Grown and manufactured in the USA, Third party lab test, Pharmaceutical grade, Zero THC, Full-spectrum profile, Heavy metal free.
You can definitely trust that what you are giving to your family is of the highest quality.
They have small particles and, as common sense tells us, smaller particles means great absorption which directly correlates to effectiveness and quickness for relief.
We personally decided to get the tincture in orange flavor because it is kid-friendly.
The lemon and orange are popular with kids and the natural and mint are popular with adults.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD stands for “Cannabidiol.” This is a naturally occurring constituent of cannabis. However, it cannot get you high.
It has none or no more than very minute levels of THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid that gets you “high”).
In short, it comes from the same plant, but it doesn’t have the part that causes mind-altering feelings like marijuana.
There are many, many uses for it, which we will be discussing in other installments of this series.
You might also like our CBD Oil Resources List.