Homemade Sweet Rolls Recipe
You can use this as a homemade pumpkin roll recipe or use any winter squash veggies. It is the most versatile sweet dinner roll recipe out there and we love making these all year long, especially in the Fall, when everyone loves a great pumpkin sweet rolls recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups cubed winter squash I have used acorn squash, butternut squash, pumpkin and sweet potato… all delicious
- 1 cup warm milk I use almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 .25 ouncpackages active dry yeast (4.5 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup warm water to activate the yeast
- 6 cups all-purpose flour I use unbromated, unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup sugar I use organic coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt I use Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter room temperaturI use ghee (clarified butter. Click here to learn how to make your own
- Coconut Oil you can use other oils if you want
– Bake any winter squash or veggie (acorn, spaghetti, butternut, pumpkin or sweet potato). I put my squash and pumpkin in the oven cut in half, face down, at 450 degree for 40 minutes (if very large, go for 60 minutes). You will know if it is ready when you can easily poke a fork through the skin. I peel and steam the slices of sweet potato.
– Mash with a fork to smooth consistency.
– In a small bowl mix yeast and warm water together
– In large KitchenAid bowl mix dry ingredients: 5 cups flour, sugar, and salt together.
– Then add wet ingredients: yeast/water mix, squash, milk, and butter.
– After well mixed (about 2 minuteslowly add the last cup of flour and kneed on a slow setting until well blended and supple.
– Lightly grease a large bowl with coconut oil and put all of the dough in, turning it to coat with the oil.
– Put damp cloth over dough bowl and let rise for about an hour (dough should double in size).
– To make things easier, pour a few drops of coconut oil into the bread machine and turn the dough around a bit in there. Unplug the bread machine and let it rise in there.
– Prepare baking pans (I use cookie sheets and molds).
– Split dough into about 24 rolls (depending what size you wanonto cookie sheets. They turn out huge. I like to make them smaller for the kids, so I end up with at least 30 rolls. In this demonstration, I halved the recipe, so I ended up with 15 rolls. Some went into my fall silicone mold and the rest were round like regular rolls.
– Put damp cloth over rolls and let rise again for 30-45 minutes
– Preheat oven to 350F
– Bake rolls for 10-15 minutes (depending on size rolluntil golden brown on the outside.
– Cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Use butter and raw organic honey on them if you’d like.