Cinnamon Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These are the most delicious protein bars I've ever eaten! My children loved them too!
- 2 cups gluten free oats – roasted in the oven without oil for 10 minutes
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey or mashed banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons grain sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 cup whey protein powder unflavored or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or flaxseeds or a mix of both
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
You can do this the night before: Roast the oats in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool completely.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Spread out the batter on a cookie sheet or baking stone.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bars are a nice golden brown color.
Cut and allow to cool.
Store in an air-tight Ziplock bag or Tupperware container.