Vegan Chocolate Brownies Recipe
This is a great vegan chocolate cake recipe!
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar I prefer Erythritol
- 6 tbsp organic raw cacao
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cups coconut oil or butter*
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add in the wet ingredients.
Mix until there are no lumps. Using a whisk will work best.
The mix will be vert runny, but it will thicken as it bakes.
Pour into a greased cake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- For vegan chocolate brownies, use butter instead of coconut oil.
- Tip: even though I am not a HUGE fan of brownies, I do prefer this recipe with butter over coconut oil.
- Make sure that if you want these to be vegan gluten free brownies, that you use gluten free flour. You can buy the all-purpose, ready-made package or you can make your own from scratch.
- * using coconut oil will give it a drier, more cake-like texture and using butter will make more moist, brownie-like texture.