Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
This homemade cream cheese frosting recipe is very easy and it can be used for anything that calls for frosting from cakes to muffins to cupcakes and even cinnamon rolls! Take a look at how my son’s birthday party cake and snacks turned out with this delicious cream cheese frosting recipe.
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature to slightly cold, but not too hardened
- 16 oz confectioners’ sugar optional: use sugarless confectioners’ sugar
- 4 oz butter room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon optional
- food coloring optional
In a mixing bowl, use a mixer to make the cream cheese and butter creamy.
Add in pure vanilla extract and mix well.
Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon as the mixer is turned to medium. Keep mixing until all the sugar and cinnamon are in and mixed well.
If the frosting is too thick, add a little bit of milk. If it is too thin, add more confectioners’ sugar. Play around with these until reaching the desired consistency.
Cover and store in refrigerator for one hour before using. Enjoy!