Frugal Breakfast Egg Recipe
I kind of stumbled into this awesome recipe. It was Saturday morning and we really wanted eggs for breakfast, but we didn’t have enough eggs for all four of us. We had 8 eggs and we needed a dozen. So I got creative and came up with more eggs than we could actually eat! This recipe was a big hit and I have made it several times since then. It was delicious!
- 1 day old hamburger bun or 2 slices of day old bread
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk of choice
- optional: 2 tbsp cream cheese
- seasonings of choice I chose sea salt, ground pepper and this special creole seasoning
Cut the bread into small 1/4 inch squares. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings.
Add bread and mix well. Add cheese and mix.
Cook egg mix scrambled in skillet. We love this kind. 😉
Add cream cheese if desired. It add a special consistency.