I kind of stumbled into this awesome recipe. It was Saturday morning and we really wanted eggs for breakfast, but we didn’t have enough eggs for all four of us. We had 8 eggs and we needed a dozen. So I got creative and came up with more eggs than we could actually eat! This recipe was a big hit and I have made it several times since then. It was delicious!
In this post, you will see how you can save money with your egg breakfast in several beautiful presentations. Below, you can see what the eggs will look like, but read through so you can see pictures of two more ways to make this recipe.
Frugal Breakfast Egg Recipe
- 1 day old hamburger bun or 2 slices of day old bread
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk of choice
- optional: 2 tbsp cream cheese
- seasonings of choice (I chose sea salt, ground pepper and this special creole seasoning)
- Cut the bread into small 1/4 inch squares. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Add bread and mix well. Add cheese and mix.
- Cook egg mix scrambled in skillet. We love this kind. 😉
- Add cream cheese if desired. It add a special consistency.
Here, below and above, you can see two more presentations. You can use softer breads like hotdog or hamburger buns or regular white bread slices. You can also choose to use French bread or a harder bread instead. You can also use more bread than the recipe suggests. In this case, the eggs will look like the picture above, like egg pudding.
Below, you would make the same recipe, but instead of the pan on the stovetop, you can use a ladle to pour egg mix into muffin tins and put in the oven at 350 or 400 degrees until the mix is solid and the eggs look cooked. Every oven is different, but I would suggest starting your timer at 20 minutes and keep on checking if they aren’t ready by then.
Add ham, cooked sausage or vegetables in the mix to change it up as you love this recipe and start playing around with it.
Thank you for visiting our Frugal Breakfast Egg Recipe!
You might also like: