This oatmeal recipe is super easy. I just came up with it in a flash, since I had no clue what to make for dinner. It can be great for breakfast, too.
This recipe is
no sugar added
Sounds glorious, doesn’t it?
PREP TIME: 3 MINUTES OR LESS
1 cup gluten free old-fashioned oats
1.5 cups milk (almond or coconut or regular or a mix of all three)
1 organic apple (peeled and diced)
2 tsp organic vanilla
1 tsp ground flaxseeds
1 tps gound chia seeds
3 tbsp sliced almonds
semi-sweet mini chocolate chips to taste
organic maple syrup to taste
COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES
1. Turn the stove on and let the pot get hot. This will cook the oatmeal even faster.
2. Throw in oats and milk. Stir occasionally.
3. When the oatmeal is almost cooked (3 minutes), fold in apples and other optional toppings, EXCEPT for the chocolate chips (unless you want them melted in) and the maple syrup. I added all of the above, so I know they are all really good.
4. The oatmeal is ready when the oatmeal is thick and there is no visible milk.
5. Serve. Sprinkle chocolate chips, if desired.
6. Taste it first. If you feel that it needs something sweet, add a tsp or two of maple syrup.
Leave a Reply