When it comes to Eric Carle children’s books, there are none better! We enjoy reading his storybooks over and over, especially The Very Hungry Caterpillar. We also like to extend our reading with fun and inspired Eric Carle hungry caterpillar printables. Here, you will find a great bundle of the hungry caterpillar activities.
Very Hungry Caterpillar Printable Bundle
I highly recommend reading this beautiful, funny and rich story to begin the lesson. It is the kind of book that kids love reading again and again. If you own a copy, you’ll know what I am talking about. This awesome bundle of 7 sets are inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar and is printable, so you can save the PDF file and print out what you need, when you need it.
This hungry caterpillar printable bundle includes:
- 3-part cards with storybook vocabulary and images
- Bingo game with 4 game cards and stack of 40 playing cards
- Caterpillar and food to make a 3D diorama and Sensory Bin!
- Handwriting practice and coloring books
- Vocabulary word search page
- Eight pages of cutting practice (straight lines, curvy lines, zigzag lines, circles, other shapes and spiral)
- Story word wheel craft
Get these hungry caterpillar pictures to print all at once or one activity at a time. I love getting them all ready at once and make a unit out of it! My kids love getting immersed into the story! It is so much fun! As we did all of these 7 activities, my kids LOVED them all, but their favorite is the bingo game. Oh my goodness! They can sit and play it for hours, if I let them!
Imagine how much your younger children will learn with these activities! They will learn the butterfly life cycle, the names of the day of the week, they numbers 1 through five, names of fruit and names of other food. Older kids will love to play the games and use the hands-on activities on a more independent level, but they will love them nonetheless.
Eric Carle Hungry Caterpillar Inspired Bundle Deal ~ Art Tutorial & Printable Activities
Here is a list of the activities inspired by the book by the wonderful Eric Carle The Very Hungry Caterpillar ~ printables and hands-on ideas:
- Board game article with rules, board, instructions for setup, etc
- Tutorials with fruit templates for making cards and for making sun catchers
- Lesson with printable coloring book to learn color and number names
- Lesson with printable coloring book to learn day and fruit names
- Popsicle stick craft to learn the days of the week and food words
- Snack ideas for kids
- Hands-on pom-pom craft
- Fine motor skills crafts and ideas
- Story order balloon activity
- All of the printables that are needed for the first 5 items on the list
- List of more than 50 caterpillar printables and hands-on activities
Read more about it HERE.
This 5-part Art tutorial includes:
- Color Wash and Splash Textures
- Brush & Scratch Textures
- Insect Wings and Body Textures
- Blotting Textures
- Project Completion
Read more about it HERE!