ALL-PURPOSE CLEANERS / DISINFECTANTS
It also works well for lime deposits, hard water stains, etc.
I will just post the 2 basic recipes I use the most:
I like to use glass spray bottles for anything that will be housing essential oils.
We appreciate you reading our post that may help your family’s health. For our Health Advice and Recommendations Policy, please click here.
1. Fill up 3/4 of the glass spray bottle (16oz) with spring water.
2. Fill up the rest with white vinegar.
3. Add a few drops of essential oils. I personally like to use lemon or lemongrass, along with Thieves (from Young Living essential oils).
Optional: for extra strength cleaning, you can add a few tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide. Be careful, though, as this has bleaching properties. Make sure you only use it on hard surfaces (like kitchen counters, sinks, bathtubs, etc) and NOT ON FABRIC.
1. Put fruit or herbs (fresh or dried), flowers, etc in a mason jar. I like cilantro and pineapple, rose petals and lemon, or just plain lemon.
2. Fill up half the mason jar with spring water.
3. Fill up the rest with white vinegar.
4. Let it “rest” for 2 weeks.
5. Strain as you pour into a spray bottle. If the smell is too strong, add more water. Remember, the vinegar smell will be strong at first, but will evaporate a few minutes after using.
That’s it! So simple!
You might also like: