This activity was so simple and so fun! It is totally doable by a toddler, a preschooler and a kindergartner. To see the entire activity with list of instructions and materials, keep reading.
“My hows.” “My house.” Gotta love invented spelling.
– 1 sheet of green construction paper (any shade will do)
– 1 sheet of colored construction paper (any color the child chooses his/her house to be)
– 1 piece of white paper
– 1 pencil
– 1 glue stick or tacky glue or liquid glue (even double-sided tape will do)
– 1 tray or plate with divisions
1. Take the colored piece of construction paper for the house and instruct child to start tearing it into small pieces. Place on one of the tray divisions.
2. Take the green paper and do the same (tear up and place in a different division).
3. Help child by drawing a rough outline of a house (with a door and two windows) and a tree (any kind will do).
4. Put your sticky item of choice (glue stick, sticky glue, liquid glue or double-sided tape) all over the inside of the outline (except on the door and two windows).
5. Start gluing the pieces of construction paper on the house and on the tree.
6. Watch it become a beautiful and unique work of art made by your child.
7. Display it proudly.
K even tried to write (on his own volition) “my house,” but his invented spelling said “my hows.” Love it!
How can I teach my wiggly toddler?
This 44-page digital book will give you strategies to get to know your toddler, make a schedule that works for everyone and make learning successful!
It includes these chapters:
- Pros to homeschooling your toddler
- Turning Toddler Homeschooling Cons into Pros
- Your toddler’s favorite activities
- Tentative schedule for your toddler
- Why downtime is important
- Printable hands-on activities for toddlers
Use coupon code “welcome20” to get 20% off your first digital book!
EU buyers, GO HERE.
Homeschooling a Toddler with Printables FREE WORKSHOP
In this free workshop, you will be able to go through 5 lessons that you can teach your toddler or preschooler that are educational, fun and easy to set up.
It includes a printable for each lesson, so a total of 5 lessons and 5 printables.
I will give you a list of materials needed, step-by-step instructions, photos, printables and even some videos!
You will love how much your toddler will learn and your toddler will love these activities that will set them on their way to independent learning!