I got my original recipe from this website. Click here.
The only reason why I am posting her recipe here is because I have made changes that work better for my family’s needs and I point out those changes here.
Delicious stuff! Definitely everyone’s favorite here at home. Even my 1-year old loved them. I gave some to her because they are soooo good and soooo healthy. She couldn’t get enough! 🙂
Here’s the recipe. My changes are in blue in parentheses.
No Bake Chocolate Macaroons
- 1 banana, finely mashed (I used 2 bananas)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)* (I used less than 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted (I used only 3 tbsp and they were pretty chocolatey)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (I used 1 cup coconut and 1/2 cup gluten free oats)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional) (I didn’t use, I’ll definitely try it next time)
- small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to taste (skipped this one, too)
Stir in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
Now stir in the coconut, optional chia seeds, and fine grain sea salt to taste.
Using a spoon or retractable ice cream scooper, scoop rounds onto the sheet.
Place sheet in the freezer for around 20 minutes, or until macaroons are firm.
Store in the freezer until ready to enjoy. They will soften at room temperature.
Feel free to adjust the sweetener to your own taste buds, especially because some cocoa powders may be stronger than others.