Welcome to our super awesome series called The Best Instant Pot Recipes! This time, we will be making some rice in our Instant post. It is a delicious and super easy recipe, especially because it uses minimal ingredients and we make it in our Instant Pot. This is the perfect side dish for almost any meal.
Just set it and forget it until it is done in less than 10 minutes! I never want to go back to the days when I had to wait 25 whole minutes for the rice to be ready in the rice cooker! Wow! I love my Instant Pot and when you try one, you will feel the same way.
There are many Instant Pot rice recipes out there, but I decided to stick to my regular recipe, except that I adapted it from my rice cooker to the Instant Pot and it worked wonderfully! You will love this easy and aromatic recipe. But more importantly, your family will, too!
Easy Instant Pot Rice Recipe
Many recipes for Instant Pot or pressure cooker can be complicated with many steps or many ingredients. Sometimes, the ingredients can be weird or expensive. This recipe, believe me, will have you asking “Is this really it? Can it really be this easy and use such few ingredients?” My answer is “yes to all!”
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker,Lundberg Organic Long Grain Rice, White, 32 Ounce (Pack ofKirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L (2QT 3.6Sherpa Pink Himalayan Salt, 2lbs Extra-Fine Grain
- Instant Pot
- 5 whole cloves of garlic, peeled (if you really like garlic, you might want more)
- 2 cups of uncooked white rice, rinsed off with warm water
- 3.5 cups of water
- 3 tbsp organic olive oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
1 Plug in your Instant Pot and take the lid off.
2 Turn it on to the Sauté setting. Mine has it on the very bottom left.
3 Add the oil to the Instant Pot and let it heat up.
4 Take the peeled garlic cloves (frozen or fresh) and throw them into the oil. Let it sizzle. Stir every few second so the flavor can be released into the oil.
5 Once the garlic cloves are a bit roasted, add the rice in and stir. Keep stirring until the rice turns a bright white.
6 Add the water to the rice and close the lid or to make it a one-pot meal, add only 1 cup of water and add some chicken breasts with barbeque sauce or marinated in your favorite sauce.
7 Close the lid and press the RICE button or set it to manual for 8 minutes. If you added the chicken, then set it to 12 minutes in manual.
8 Once done, let the pressure release naturally and serve while hot.
I hope you decide to keep this with your other easy Instant Pot recipes! I think you will love how well it turns out!
Stay tuned for more Instant Pot meal recipes!
The Best Instant Pot Recipes Series ~ Easy Instant Pot Rice Recipe post!
You might also like:
Kids Cook Real Food eCourse
Do You Wish Your Kids Knew How To Cook?
We Teach Kids To Cook So Your Family Can THRIVE With Healthy Food!
This eCourse organizes over 30 basic kitchen skills into logical steps so you can:
- Spend more quality time with your kids (without worrying about what to do)
- Teach your children how to cook their own healthy meals so that they are more prepared for adulthood
- Bring complicated cooking techniques down to a child’s level that makes it fun and memorable – we focus on the skills, not the food, so it’s easy to make it work for any allergies you’re dealing with as well
- Build self-esteem and confidence with the foundation of authentic work – and watch in amazement as your family life runs more smoothly
- Fight back against the damage processed foods wreak on your family’s health as you enjoy fresh, from-scratch meals for which everyone played a role
Beginner lessons focus on small motor control, dexterity, and basic kitchen skills.
- Spreading & Peeling
- Slicing Soft Foods with a Dull Knife
- Cross-Hatch Pattern Cuts
- Measuring Ingredients
- Soaking Dry Beans
- Pouring Skills
- Washing & Tearing Salad
- Working with Dough
Intermediate lessons focus on recipe independence, intro to sharp knives and stovetop safety.
- Following a Recipe Well
- Intro to Sharp Knives
- Cracking Eggs
- Making a Recipe Without Help
- Stovetop Safety & Cooking Rice
- Flipping Pancakes
- Rolling Dough
- Browning Ground Meat
Advanced lessons focus on sharp knife skills, oven safety and making meals independently.
- Sharp Knife Skills, Levels 1-4
- Slicing & Dicing Vegetables
- Crushing Garlic
- Cutting Whole Fruits
- Sauteing Vegetables
- Cooking Dry Beans
- Cooking Eggs
- Homemade White Sauce
- Steamed Vegetables
This course is great because it offers:
- Over 30 Basic Kitchen Skills your child needs to make their own food – even if they only want to eat 5 foods right now
- Up to 24 Weeks of Lessons at your own pace
- Over 45 Professionally Produced Videos that will captivate your child’s attention, even if they have trouble sitting still
- Over 200 Pages of PDF Downloads – super skimmable for busy parents!
- Recipe Books Made Just for Kids (but with real dinners wayyyy beyond chicken nuggets and French fries)
- 3 Skill Levels to reach your child no matter what they have already done (or not) in the kitchen
- Quality Time with your Children in a chaotic world – that’s actually productive!