This is a recipe that I came up with as I was trying to think of filling meals that would be ok to eat during our Daniel Fast. So, basically, I was trying to come up with a vegan recipe that wasn’t a salad. Here is the recipe for some delicious potato tacos that will have your entire family asking for more. My husband is a carnivore by nature, but this recipe, as per his request, will be a regular in our home. It is that good that I wanted to share it with you.
Ingredients to Make the Potato Tacos
4 potatoes, sliced into thin wedges
16 corn tortillas (thinking about 4 per person, but in all honesty, 2 is fine)
2 ripe avocados
Lemon Rosemary Rub (by The Pampered Chef — ORDER HERE)
Salt and pepper to taste
Salsa (homemade or store-bought)
Optional (for the kiddos): ketchup
Makes 4 generous servings
Steps on Making the Potato Tacos
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees
2. Grease stoneware large bar pan (by The Pampered Chef — ORDER HERE)
3. Wash and scrub your potatoes well
4. Cut the potatoes into thin wedges
5. Sprinkle the Lemon Rosemary Rub (or any of their amazing options by The Pampered Chef– ORDER HERE), salt and pepper over the potatoes
6. Place stone bar pan in the oven and set timer for 25 minutes.
Sometimes, it takes about 30 minutes, but I like to check them at 25 and keep an eye on them.
You want them to be a bit brown, but not too crispy.
While the potatoes are in the oven:
7. Slice some avocado. I like to guesstimate that each person will have half an avocado. You can also make them guacamole, but it saves time and effort just slicing them. Believe me, they taste very good.
8. Heat up the corn tortillas on a griddle (medium/high setting). I like to keep them warm longer in my stone Round Covered Baker (by The Pampered Chef — ORDER HERE).
9. Once the potatoes are ready, you can make the tacos.
To each tortilla, add: about 3 or 4 potato wedges, 2-3 slices of avocado, a dollop of salsa and salt and pepper to taste (I find that I never need extra salt or pepper in mine).
10. Enjoy and share this recipe!
I am so glad you came to see my recipe. I hope you decide to try it!
I am hosting an online show with The Pampered Chef until February 15, 2015. Feel free to stop by THIS LINK to see the products and to place an order. By the way, you will get direct shipping at no extra cost! We are doing standard shipping across the board! Woohoo!