We used to live in North Carolina years ago and one thing we miss is our pulled pork. Pulled pork. Ah! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Here is a super easy and super delicious crockpot recipe. Put in, turn it on and forget about it until 20 minutes before dinner!
- 4 lbs pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 cups ginger ale or lemon-lime fizzy drink (like Sprite)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- (optional) red and green sliced green bell peppers
- (optional) 5 small peeled cloves of garlic
- (optional) 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- slow cooker
- hamburger buns
- cole slaw (homemade or store-bought)
- French fries or baked potatoes
- pickle rods
- Prep time: 30 minutes or less
- Cook time: 6-8 hours on high in crockpot
- Servings: 8-10
1. Place sliced onion, bell peppers and garlic at the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Put road in and add a few onions on top, if desired.
3. In a bowl, mix: salt, pepper, ginger ale, barbecue sauce and apple cider vinegar.
4. Add mix on top of roast and add a little bit of water, enough to cover about 1 inch at the bottom of the crockpot.
5. Cover and set on high (make sure the unit is plugged in!).
6. Cook for about 5 hours.
7. Remove the roast from the crockpot onto a cutting board and shred it all, removing any fat and discard that.
8. Remove all onions, bell peppers and garlic from crock pot. Optional: chop up a few of these (really small) and throw back into the crockpot.
9. Put shredded pork back into the crockpot and mix in with the juices.
10. Cook for another hour or two on high.
11. Serve with hamburger buns, potatoes (French fries, squares or baked), cole slaw and pickle rods.
Enjoy! I hope this shows you how easy it is to make a delicious dish like this. We enjoy it so much every time I make it. So tell me: what is your favorite side to serve with this kind of dish?