Do you and your family love the movies? What about having movie night at home? Sometimes, we enjoy movies as a family and snacks are always a must! There are many good movie night snacks for kids, but honestly, many of them involve sugary treats or just plain unhealthy stuff.
In this post, we will share about a new and exciting kids movie that is coming out on December 21st this year and also a great and super easy cupcakes recipe that you can make for movie night or to have before heading over to watch the new movie, SING©!
Let’s get to the recipe! Not only is this delicious for anytime, but it is perfect and quick, especially because it uses Honey Bunches of Oats® as the main ingredient. These cupcakes are easy movie night snacks and I decorated them with these easy printable letters to spell the movie to watch. I spelled “SING” on ours because that is the movie we will be watching as soon as it hits theaters!
We love doing things together as a family, especially around the holidays. SING© is a cute movie for the whole family. To get more information, go HERE and play the Fun-Trivia game on the website to find the Star character yo and your family members resemble most! It is so fun!
Easy Cupcakes Recipe
Prep time: about 10 minutes
Cook time: about 20 minutes
Cooling time: about 10 minutes
Total time: close to 40 minutes
Makes 12 cupcakes
2 1/2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal of choice (I used the one with red strawberries,easily found at a Kroger and most grocery stores) Redeem a coupon HERE.
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or white sugar)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1 crate raspberries for garnish
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain or flavor of choice)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Cupcake Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with liners (recommended)
- Put the Honey Bunches of Oats cereal in the blender or food processor and run until pulverized.
- Add all dry ingredients (EXCEPT for raspberries) in blender and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients and blend some more until completely incorporated.
- Use an ice dream scoop to put the mix in the muffin tins. Place one raspberry at the center of each muffin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and check them. Keep an eye on them and take out when golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean off the center.
- Cool for about 10 minutes. The center might dip a bit. That is fine as it makes a bowl effect to hold the whipped cream and garnish raspberries.
- Put some whipped cream on top and about 3 raspberries.
Homemade Cupcake Toppers
I made some SING© movie cupcake toppers because I wanted to practice making them as a snack on movie night. We will have some of these and then head to the theater on December 21st. I made these and printed the letters to spell SING. I then cut them out and taped them to a toothpick. This makes it easy to put on the cupcakes.
Don’t they look great? I hope this inspires you to make some of your own and go watch SING this December.