Are you on a special Gluten Free diet and are always looking for good recipes that are good? Or are you wanting to delve into Gluten Free recipes to try before jumping in? Either way, this is a simple and delicious recipe to try. In this post, I will share with you an awesome Gluten Free chocolate cupcakes recipe.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 24 mini cupcakes or 12 regular-sized cupcakes
2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour (I have several variations HERE)
½ cup whole almonds, you can also try blanched almonds
½ cup gluten free oats
3 tbsp unsweetened ground cacao (make sure it is not cocoa)
½ tsp aluminum free baking soda
½ tsp organic ground cinnamon
½ cup raw honey
¼ cup butter (do not use coconut oil, it’s drying)
2 tbsp milk (nut, coconut or cow’s)
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
6 drops lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease one baking pan that makes 24 mini cupcakes. I like to use spray coconut oil.
- In a blender or food processor, put in whole almonds and oats. Blend them until completely pulverized.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix really well.
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites. The egg whites can go in a mixer bowl, if you have one.
- Add 6 drops of lemon juice in with the egg whites and beat for 5 minutes on high or until it creams up and high peaks form.
- In a saucepan, put the raw honey with the butter on low heat until it is melted, but never boiling. Pour it to the bowl with the yolks in it. Whisk them well.
- Add the organic vanilla extract and the milk. Whisk them vigorously until completely incorporated.
- Now, you can mix the wet and dry ingredients well.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg and lemon mixture to the mix.
- Use a small scoop to put in the right amount of mix into each mini cupcake pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the toothpick is clean. If your oven bakes quickly, you might want to set your timer for 12 or 13 minutes and definitely keep an eye on them. Cool mini cupcakes completely before removing from pan.
- Enjoy them as is or put frosting on top. They are delicious both ways.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They last for about a week. Warm a bit before eating.