3 tablespoons vegetable, olive or grapeseed oil
2 cups warm water
A large pot
A wooden spatula
Natural food coloring or packets of kool-aid-like powder drink mixes in bright colors.
Plastic containers with tight lids or several zip baggies (quart size)
Steps to make this play dough recipe:
1. Put all dry ingredients in the pot. Stir them well.
2. Turn stove on to medium to low heat.
3. Add wet ingredients.
4. Mix all ingredients until the dough forms and isn’t sticking to the sides of the pot, but is staying cohesively together as a ball.
5. Transfer dough to the counter and let cool for a little bit.
6. As soon as the dough is cool enough to knead with bare hands, start kneading until it takes on the consistency of store-bought playdough. It shouldn’t take more than maybe 3 minutes to accomplish this.
7. Divide up into separate balls, according to the number of colors you are making.
8. Use food coloring or powdered drink packages to dye the dough. Play around with the colors (mix and match) to achieve desired colors.
9. Put play dough balls into plastic containers and close tightly or use zip baggies instead. Just remember to squeeze as much air out every time it is opened. If sealed properly, this playdough will last at least 6 months.