Welcome to our second post of The Very Hungry Caterpillar Series!
Be on the lookout for a new post every day this week and me sure to visit our landing page at the end of the week to see all of the posts we put together for you!
Visit our caterpillar and butterfly hub HERE!
We have dozens and dozens of awesome printables, activities and ideas that your kids will love!
This was a very simple craft that is related to The Very Hungry Caterpillar, but it was actually made as a connection to the wonderful book by Eric Carle, but also to practice the development of fine motor skills.
As you may know, fine motor skills are activities that require smaller and more precise hand movement and control.
Some fine motor skills for toddlers and preschoolers:
- cutting paper of varying weight and textures with scissors
- building towers with wooden blocks
- writing with pencil, markers, crayons or fingers
- peeling stickers off paper and placing them on a specific place on the paper
- transferring small objects from one container to another
- spooling or wrapping something around something else
- weaving or looming ribbon, thread or yarn
- sorting items such as legos, seashells or cars
- using dot markers in specific areas on the paper
- using the pincer grip to grasp small objects such as beads
- transferring water using a dropper or spoon
- playing with dough to create small objects
- using glue to paste objects
- erasing with an eraser
- sewing with needle and thread
- stacking items such as rainbow blocks
- painting with paintbrushes, fingers or q-tips
- grating soap, carrots or cheese
- cutting food with a knife or crinkle cutter
- And, of course, threading beads using thread, yarn, string or pipe cleaners is also a fine skills activity.
This craft is simple, but honestly, it is a great fine motor skills and it makes a beautiful little hungry caterpillar.
Here is the craft. Isn’t it adorable? Sister loved playing with it.
We hope that this post has inspired you to try this simple activity with your children.
They will love it!
Famous Artists for Kids ~ Lessons Inspired by Eric Carle
$10.00$5.99 Add to cart
Eric Carle Hungry Caterpillar Inspired Bundle Deal ~ Art Tutorial & Printable Activities
$20.00$7.50 Add to cart
Activities and Printables Inspired by the Caterpillar Book
$10.00$5.99 Add to cart
Awesome Caterpillar Activity Bundle
$10.00$7.99 Add to cart
Here are some more fun games and activities that are connected to this great classic.
And don’t forget to visit our landing page so you can read more posts, get more ideas and awesome FREE homeschool printables!
I will add more to the landing page as The Very Hungry Caterpillar Week progresses.