We love family trips! Whether they are a week long trip or just a couple of day camping, we make the very best out of them. We take advantage of them to have fun and to grow closer to each other. In this post, we will share some awesome tips to create the best outdoor family adventures that everyone will enjoy.
Family Life Moments You will Cherish
My husband and I love to spend time together with common likes and interests, but we love even more sharing those times with our two children. We plot and scheme and come up with special plans that light up our kids’ little faces when we reveal our plans. We make sure that we are all going to be enjoying our time together.
Family Adventure Ideas
One thing that we enjoy doing as a family is heading outdoors! Being out in the fresh air and in nature is simply an incomparable feeling. The best outdoor family adventures are the ones that are well-planned, with enough wiggle room time-wise (so we don’t over-schedule trips) and those that bring smiles to everyone’s face.
Take a look at our list of tips to create the best outdoor family adventures that everyone will enjoy. We do it and it works for us time and time again. I really hope that you find it helpful and that these tips will work for you family adventures, too.
Tips to Create the Best Outdoor Family Adventures
- Make a list of all of the items you will need for the entire family for the adventure (clothes, toys, gear, etc).
- If you are going to take your own food, make a list of practical breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Pack a travel bag with the essentials (a book and a toy for the kids, a practical and awesome snack that isn’t messy like Goldfish Crackers).
- Bring items to boost immune system to keep everyone healthy on the trip and items in case someone does come down with something (multivitamins, chewable vitamin C, essential oils, etc).
- Plan to take breaks often to just chill out together.
- Schedule one outdoor activity per day that the entire family will enjoy. Over-scheduling can bog or stress everyone down.
- Get a good-night’s rest every night so no one is grumpy or tired the next day.
- Pack kid-friendly snacks to carry around at all times. Pack snacks that are easy to carry, like baby carrots, Goldfish crackers and apple slices with a few drops of lemon in zip baggies work great.
We have been super excited including Goldfish Tales activities into our family adventures, too. They have amazing prizes for the winners. CLICK HERE to learn more! Thank you for visiting our Tips to Create the Best Outdoor Family Adventures post!