Christmas will be here before we know it! We love this particular Christmas tradition that we have in our family. Actually, it started with my husband making and decorating sugar cookies before Christmas since he was little. Now, we have the best Christmas sugar cookie recipe with sugar icing recipe!
The Best Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
The healthier alternatives are in parentheses.
- 3/4 cup butter (or ghee)
- 1 cup sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 eggs (or 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of flour (or unbleached, unbromated flour)
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Himalayan Pink Salt Grass-Fed Ghee Butter by 4th & Heart, 9 Ounce, Pasture Raised, Non-GMO, Lactose Free, Certified PaleoNutiva Organic Coconut Sugar, Unrefined, 1 Pound (Pack of 3)Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Flaxseed, 24 OunceSimply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Glass BottleGeneral Mills All Trumps High Gluten Flour – Unbleached Unbromated – 7 lbs REPACKRumford, Baking Powder, 8.1 oz
Wilton Holiday 18 pc Metal Cookie Cutter Set, 2308-113213 Pieces Stainless Steel Christmas Cookie Cutters with Comfort Grip 3.5’ plus a Rolling Pin for Large Holiday Cookies, Snowflake Cookies, Gingerbread Man Cookies, Christmas Party and Baking GiftChristmas Cake Cookie Cutters Set 3D Biscuit Tool Baking Molds Scenario Favorite Holiday Shapes Stainless Steel including Snowman, Chritmas tree, Christmas elk and Sledge – 8pcsWilton Gingerbread Cookie Tree Cutter Set
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream wet ingredients with an electric beater until fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Divide dough into two parts.
- Flatten the dough and put in plastic wrap.
- Chill for about 1 hour.
- Roll out dough completely flat.
- Using cookie cutters, cut cookies in different shapes.
- When all the dough has been used up, roll out the leftover dough and roll it out flat again to cut some more cookies until all or almost al the dough is gone.
- Place cookies on baking sheets and bake for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool cookies completely before decorating!
The Best Christmas Sugar Icing Recipe & Decoration Ideas
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp milk
- a little bit of organic vanilla extract
- organic powdered sugar
- organic food coloring
- decorating ingredients (anything you like, but we use M&Ms, twizzlers, sprinkles, colored sugar, etc)
Himalayan Pink Salt Grass-Fed Ghee Butter by 4th & Heart, 9 Ounce, Pasture Raised, Non-GMO, Lactose Free, Certified PaleoSimply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Glass BottleWholesome Sweeteners Fair Trade Organic Powdered Sugar, 16 Ounce Pouch10 color Skin Safe Food Grade Soap Dye, Vegan, Gluten-Free -Liquid Bath Bomb Colorant with bonus Best Soap Making SuppliesColorKitchen Cupcake Coloring Set (PINK, YELLOW, and BLUE) – Non-GMO, Plant Based, Gluten-FreeM&M’S Holiday Milk Chocolate Candy Party Size 42-Ounce Bag
TWIZZLERS Twists, Strawberry Flavored Licorice Candy, 5 Pound ContainerWilton Holiday Sprinkles 4-PackNatural Color Christmas Carols GMO, SOY, GLUTEN, DAIRY & NUTS free cake decorations cupcake toppersSet of 4 Sprinkles – Emerald Green, Candy Cane, Holiday, Snowflakes
- Start with about 1/4 cup butter (or ghee) and about 2 tbsp milk with vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar to consistency (not too stiff, and not too runny).
- Add more milk if necessary.
- Divide into small bowls and add food coloring to each (leave one white and mix colorings to make new colors).
- Decorate with extra decorating ingredients!
Thank you for checking out our The Best Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe with Sugar Icing Recipe post!
You might also like: