Montessori at home Sensorial: Sound Boxes Lesson
– There are two Sound Boxes, one with a blue lid and one with a red lid.
– Each Sound Box contains six hollow wooden cylinders with bead or sand inside. They are sealed with lids that match the lids they are in (six blue lids and six red lids).
– All cylinders in a Sound Box go from loud to soft when shaken.
– Both boxes have corresponding beads or sand inside, so they can be paired up as one of the extensions.
* AT HOME IDEA: These can be easily made at home with empty toilet paper rolls, duct tape, and small pebbles and sand.
1. Open the red box and take out three cylinders. Close the red box.
2. Shake one cylinder by the right ear and discuss the sounds using words like “louder, quieter, harder, softer, etc).
3. Follow step 2, but using the left hand and ear. Discuss if there is a difference.
4. Repeat with Steps 2 and 3 with the other two cylinders that are out of the box.
5. Open the blue box. Take out three cylinders out and close the box.
6. Follow steps 2 and 3 with the blue cylinders, but this time, compare verbally the red and blue. While comparing, shake one cylinder at a time. Do not shake both at the same time.
7. See if any of the blue cylinders match the sounds of the red cylinders. If they do, pair them up.
8. Return the blue cylinders that don’t have a matching red cylinder out. Take out a replacement and attempt the matching game until all three red cylinders have a match.
– Extension 1: Child repeats presentation on his/her own.
– Extension 2: Child matches all six red and blue cylinders.
– Extension 3: Child learns how to arrange the cylinders in ONE box from loudest to quietest.
– Extension 4: Child arranges the red box cylinders from loudest to quietest and then does the same with the blue box. Finally, he/she confirms that the work was done right by comparing both sets to each other.
– Extension 5: Child matches cylinders from both boxes and arranges them from loudest to quietest.
Work with Me! Personalized Coaching Sessions (Montessori & Homeschool)
Do you need homeschool or Montessori at home coaching?
We customize a package that will help YOU the most, but this is our most popular package:
Take advantage of my 15 years of experience in the Montessori philosophy and 10 years of homeschooling.
1 A 30-minute video (or phone) call via Zoom for a 100% personalized “in-person” coaching
It will be recorded and the link will be sent via email within 24 hours for further review.
Once you purchase the coaching session HERE, I will contact you to set up a time that works for both of us.
2 An email prior to coaching call detailing what questions, concerns, issues need to be addressed.
This helps with maximizing face-to-face time for actual practical implementation tips.
3 Any prior recommendations from my online shop (ebooks, etc,) are included
4 A follow-up email within 24 hours of the video call, detailing what was discussed, steps to take, any additional recommendations from my online shop (again, also included in the package).
5 A second follow-up email/contact 1-2 weeks after the video coaching call to see how client is progressing and to see if another video call needs to be scheduled