I recommend that you start out with an easy shape to wrap. Try to find something that looks like a cube or a rectangular prism and that is just the right size for small hands.
You can make your own wrapping paper by using a piece of white paper with a pattern copied onto it so the child can decorate or have them decorate it any way you’d like.
If it will involve paint or watercolor, I suggest the wrapping paper decorating activity happen the day before so there is enough time for it to dry thoroughly.
When it comes to measuring out the wrapping paper, we eye-balled it this time, but you can be more technical and incorporate a ruler and measure out the right size of the wrapping paper before cutting.
– wrapping paper
– scissors (child-sized and child-safe)
– Scotch tape
– a small “gift” of choice
1. Unroll the wrapping paper.
2. Place the gift on top.
3. Estimate how much paper you will need to cover the gift. For us, we went 3 inches on the long sides and about 2 inches on the wide sides.
4. Trace an invisible line with your nail (or a pencil).
5. Take the gift off the wrapping paper.
6. Cut the wrapping paper.
7. Pre-cut a small piece of tape (about 1 inch long)
8. Place the gift in the middle of the wrapping paper and wrap the paper around the gift and put the piece of tape where the end meets the paper.
9. Pre-cut another piece of tape (about 1.5 inches long)
10. Fold one end of the wrapping paper four times (top down, left in, right in, bottom up)
12. Do the same as Step 10, but on the opposite end of the gift.
13. OPTIONAL: Add a bow and tag (we didn’t do it this time)
14. Open the gift!
15. Act surprised! haha
Montessori 3-part Cards MEGA Bundle ~ 48 SetsAdd to cartQuick Buy
Printable Montessori Practical Life Activities Checklists$7.00 Add to cartQuick Buy
Steps to Brushing Teeth for Children (Printable Chart and 3-Part Cards)
$5.00Add to cart
Montessori Practical Life Activities & Printables Bundle
$10.00Add to cart
12 Printable Chore Charts Pictures and Practical Activities
$15.00Add to cart
Toddler Kitchen Chore Charts Printable Set$1.99 Add to cart
6 Blank Chore Charts Printable Set + 3 BONUS Kitchen Charts
$5.99Add to cart
Montessori Practical Life Curriculum Step 1 Printable List
$19.99Add to cart
Work with Me! Personalized Coaching Sessions (Montessori & Homeschool)
Do you need homeschool or Montessori at home coaching?
We customize a package that will help YOU the most, but this is our most popular package:
Take advantage of my 15 years of experience in the Montessori philosophy and 10 years of homeschooling.
1 A 30-minute video (or phone) call via Zoom for a 100% personalized “in-person” coaching
It will be recorded and the link will be sent via email within 24 hours for further review.
Once you purchase the coaching session HERE, I will contact you to set up a time that works for both of us.
2 An email prior to coaching call detailing what questions, concerns, issues need to be addressed.
This helps with maximizing face-to-face time for actual practical implementation tips.
3 Any prior recommendations from my online shop (ebooks, etc,) are included
4 A follow-up email within 24 hours of the video call, detailing what was discussed, steps to take, any additional recommendations from my online shop (again, also included in the package).
5 A second follow-up email/contact 1-2 weeks after the video coaching call to see how client is progressing and to see if another video call needs to be scheduled
I need to remember this when I wrap gifts.
Leave a Reply