I recommend that you start out with an easy shape to wrap. Try to find something that looks like a cube or a rectangular prism and that is just the right size for small hands.
You can make your own wrapping paper by using a piece of white paper with a pattern copied onto it so the child can decorate or have them decorate it any way you’d like.
If it will involve paint or watercolor, I suggest the wrapping paper decorating activity happen the day before so there is enough time for it to dry thoroughly.
When it comes to measuring out the wrapping paper, we eye-balled it this time, but you can be more technical and incorporate a ruler and measure out the right size of the wrapping paper before cutting.
1. Unroll the wrapping paper.
2. Place the gift on top.
3. Estimate how much paper you will need to cover the gift. For us, we went 3 inches on the long sides and about 2 inches on the wide sides.
4. Trace an invisible line with your nail (or a pencil).
5. Take the gift off the wrapping paper.
6. Cut the wrapping paper.
7. Pre-cut a small piece of tape (about 1 inch long)
8. Place the gift in the middle of the wrapping paper and wrap the paper around the gift and put the piece of tape where the end meets the paper.
9. Pre-cut another piece of tape (about 1.5 inches long)
10. Fold one end of the wrapping paper four times (top down, left in, right in, bottom up)
12. Do the same as Step 10, but on the opposite end of the gift.
13. OPTIONAL: Add a bow and tag (we didn’t do it this time)
14. Open the gift!
15. Act surprised! haha
Montessori 3-part Cards MEGA Bundle ~ 48 Sets
$72.00Add to cart
Printable Montessori Practical Life Activities Checklists
$5.00Add to cart
Steps to Brushing Teeth for Children (Printable Chart and 3-Part Cards)
$5.00Add to cart
Montessori Practical Life Activities & Printables Bundle
$10.00Add to cart
12 Printable Chore Charts Pictures and Practical Activities
$15.00Add to cart
Toddler Kitchen Chore Charts Printable Set$1.99 Add to cart
6 Blank Chore Charts Printable Set + 3 BONUS Kitchen Charts
$5.99Add to cart
Montessori Practical Life Curriculum Step 1 Printable List
$8.00Add to cart