This is the impromptu activity my lovely daughter and I did tonight. We have some Chocolate-covered Strawberry Recipes that are fun and sweet for kids of all ages. As soon as she saw me take the strawberries and the chocolate chips out, she was happily offering to help. How could I even explain to you her excitement? She has been under the weather and it melted my heart to see her so willing to help and participate.
Suggested Ingredients and Decorations:
Wilton 710-0229 Mustache Icing Decorations, 18-PackDress My Cupcake DMC27260 Decorating Edible Cake andCandy Eyeballs, 3-PackWilton Light Candy Cocoa Melts, 12-OunceWilton White Candy Melts, 12-OunceWilton 710-4600 24 Count Despicable Me Minions Icing
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (regular or mini)
– 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 tsp coconut oil (or any kind of oil)
– 2 glass cups (at least one cup in size and wide mouth)
– 1 case of strawberries
– microwave or toaster oven
1. Pour 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (regular or mini) in one of the glass cups.
2. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
3. Put the glass in the microwave (30 seconds) or even better, the toaster oven (5 minutes).
4. Check the chips constantly until they are melted completely.
5. Pour the 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips in the other glass cup.
6. Place the items in this order in front of child (left to right): strawberries, melted chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips.
7. Instruct child (as you show him/her) to take a strawberry from the leaves, dip it deep into the melted chocolate and then place it on top of the mini chocolate chips and gently turn it around until they stick all over the chocolate. Place strawberry on the plate. You can also add eyes and mouths or mustaches to make fun faces. Have fun with it!
8. Continue repeating step 7 until all the strawberries are gone or all the melted chocolate is gone.
These are some of the awesome and delicious strawberries my little girl and I made.
They turned out awesome!
Thank you for visiting our Chocolate-covered Strawberry Recipes post! You might also like: