If you have been looking for air transportation lesson plans for preschool, kindergarten or elementary, then this is the activity for you! I am so excited that you are here to see what we have been up to!
In this post, I will show you the 10 amazing activities on air transport for kids to learn all about names for air transportation. And for older kids, it will be the best launching pad to get more research done and to dig deeper into this unit. Plus, it comes with 2 land, water and air bonuses!
10 Amazing Activities on Air Transport for Kids
There are many modes of transportation, but air ones are always fascinating, aren’t they? Whether you need air transport for preschool or older kids, this bundle is super versatile! You can use it endlessly and for kids of ages 3-10.
With the older kids, you can make an air transport project for kids to expound on what they have learned with this unit. It will be a lot of fun to watch kids learn and discover new air transportation vehicles (well, new to them). Read up some fun books on the Wright Brothers and daVinci to enrich this unit!
The Smithsonian Book of Air & Space TriviaWho Was Amelia Earhart? (Who Was?)How Airports Work (Lonely Planet Kids)5 Steps to Drawing AircraftOrigami Airplanes Fun Pack: Make Fun and EasyTotally Amazing Facts About Military Sea and AirThe National Air and Space Museum (Smithsonian FieldEverything Goes: In the AirUltimate Book of Airplanes and Airports (The UltimateFly Girls: The Daring American Women Pilots WhoHelicopters (Transportation)Build a Drone: A Step-by-Step Guide to Designing,
This Air Transportation Printable Bundle is 28 pages long and it includes 10 activities! Check them out!
- 32 Air Transportation Memory Cards (16×2) ~ Kids have so much fun with this Memory Game! This can be a great introduction to the unit and it can also be used as flashcards to test the kids on the names of different air transportation vehicles!
- 32 (16×2) 3-Part Cards with Air Transportation Names ~ There is nothing that screams “Montessori” more than 3-part cards! So I make sure that I include them in almost all my bundles. My kids have learned so much by using them! To learn how to use them, GO HERE.
- Cursive Handwriting practice page ~ This is the next step, after using the manuscript page. We like to fill it out then cut the rectangles to staple together and make a tiny booklet. My daughter loves to take this to bed and flip through it at night, with her headlamp on.
- Manuscript Handwriting practice page ~ Begin the handwriting practice here. Kids will learn to write air transportation vehicle names with this sheet. And they will practice handwriting without know ing it! They will be more entertained with the names of the air transportation than the chore of writing the words. Win-win!
- 2 Air Transport dice game ~ Print these out and put them together! They are easier to make than you think! I included the instructions for you to follow. Then, play the game! Roll one of the dice and find the matching word or picture! This is a great review for kids!
- 2 Air Transportation Worksheet Set: iSpy Levels 1 & 2 ~ Help kids learn to use visual cues to look for the air transportation that they need to find. There are 2 sheets, with 2 levels.
- 2 Air Transportation Names Wheels ~ Here is a great one! Kids enjoy this wheel craft a lot. Turn the wheel and see the picture and the name of air transportation. This will be a great inspiration to make a sensory bin for air transportation. Use cotton balls for clouds!
- Word Search with Air Transportation words ~ Another fun way to learn and practice air transportation names.
- 4 Cutting Sheets with Air Transportation Pictures ~ These are perfect air transportation activities for preschoolers!
- 4 Bingo Game Cards and 16 Air Transportation Call Cards ~ Fun game! Who doesn’t love a great game of BINGO?!
2 Land, Water & Air Montessori at Home BONUSES
BONUS! Honestly, land, air and water worksheets are not as engaging as hands-on activities! Check out these land, air, water Montessori cards as a free bonus when you get the air transportation bundle! You can actually start this unit with air transportation for preschool kids because it teaches about all three!
Get your Air Transportation Bundle here!
Air Transportation for Kids Printable Bundle + 2 Land, Water & Air BONUSES
This Air Transport for Kids Printable Bundle is 28onuses (36 pages total) pages long and it includes 10 activities plus 2 land, water and air bonuses! Check them out! This is the perfect unit on air transport for preschool and older. These activities are so easy to adjust for different ages and they are very simple to use in different grades.
- 32 Air Transportation Memory Cards (16×2)
- 32 (16×2) 3-Part Cards with Air Transportation Names
- Cursive Handwriting practice page
- Manuscript Handwriting practice page
- 2 Air Transport dice game
- 2 Air Transportation Worksheet Set ~ iSpy Levels 1 & 2
- 2 Air Transportation Names Wheels
- Word Search with Air Transportation words
- 4 Cutting Sheets with Air Transportation Pictures
- 4 Bingo Game Cards and 16 Air Transportation Call Cards
Tip: land transportation and water transportation units are coming soon!
Work with Me! Personalized Coaching Sessions (Montessori & Homeschool)
Do you need homeschool or Montessori at home coaching?
We customize a package that will help YOU the most, but this is our most popular package:
Take advantage of my 15 years of experience in the Montessori philosophy and 10 years of homeschooling.
1 A 30-minute video (or phone) call via Zoom for a 100% personalized “in-person” coaching
It will be recorded and the link will be sent via email within 24 hours for further review.
Once you purchase the coaching session HERE, I will contact you to set up a time that works for both of us.
2 An email prior to coaching call detailing what questions, concerns, issues need to be addressed.
This helps with maximizing face-to-face time for actual practical implementation tips.
3 Any prior recommendations from my online shop (ebooks, etc,) are included
4 A follow-up email within 24 hours of the video call, detailing what was discussed, steps to take, any additional recommendations from my online shop (again, also included in the package).
5 A second follow-up email/contact 1-2 weeks after the video coaching call to see how client is progressing and to see if another video call needs to be scheduled