This is a quite simple and yet very helpful activity for children. My son is four years old and can do it with ease. I love it how children who can help cook and bake at home feel a sense of accomplishment and independence.
– Constant adult supervision (mandatory)
– Julienne peeler (optional)
He enjoyed peeling the carrot.I like using the ceramic peeler because it peels very well, but it is harder to cut through skin (in case there was an accident).
Montessori Practical Life Activities & Printables Bundle
This bundle includes these printable sets:
- Community Members 3-Part Cards
- Peace Words for Kids Cards
- Peace list to promote peace in the home and community
- Fine Motor Skills Clothing Clothesline
- Practical Life Dressing Frames 3-Part Cards
- Practical Life Dressing Frames Handwriting and Activities
- Sewing on a Button Instructions Card
- Toddler and Preschool Hygiene Chores 3-Part Cards
- Toddler and Preschool Hygiene Chore Chart and Activity
- Peace Table Lesson (for conflict resolution)
The Julienne peeler was more a challenge, but was still doable. He preferred to go back to the regular peeler.
K then proceeded to eat his carrot peels and the carrot.