This “setting the table” is a short and easy activity to do. It is so important for children to learn how to set the table correctly. Ever since we did this lesson, my 4-year old has been helping me set the table and he does a great job, too.
You can use glass, but you don’t have to. When we first start up, we use bamboo plates and bowls. Another option is to use wooden plates and bowls. They aren’t as loud and more resistant to bangs.
Montessori Practical Life Activities & Printables Bundle
This bundle includes these printable sets:
- Community Members 3-Part Cards
- Peace Words for Kids Cards
- Peace list to promote peace in the home and community
- Fine Motor Skills Clothing Clothesline
- Practical Life Dressing Frames 3-Part Cards
- Practical Life Dressing Frames Handwriting and Activities
- Sewing on a Button Instructions Card
- Toddler and Preschool Hygiene Chores 3-Part Cards
- Toddler and Preschool Hygiene Chore Chart and Activity
- Peace Table Lesson (for conflict resolution)