We love learning about making good food choices in our homeschool.
But we go a step further: we teach kids about healthy food by showing them how to grow healthy food, too.
We have fruit trees, a vegetable garden, chickens that lay eggs, a wheatgrass patch and even make our own compost pile!
But did you know that about 16 million American children don’t have a secure meal daily and they don’t get information or choices about healthy foods?
4-H Food Smart Families is a fantastic program that not only helps families learn about delicious, affordable and healthy home-cooked meals, but they also equip teens on doing the training, so our 4H teens become the teachers!
Isn’t that great?!
After all, research shows that kids learn best when they teach others.
Our next generation has a hope and a future!
We appreciate you reading our post that may help your family’s health.
For our Health Advice and Recommendations Policy, please click here.
Well, since 2011, 4H and United Healthcare have put their efforts together to impact about 340,000 kids across 14 states to empower them to develop life-long eating habits that are healthy and smart.
Imagine all these kids learning and applying healthy food choices and growing up with the amazing tools to live long and fulfilling lives.
Imagine the impact that they are making into this country! It is exactly what we need!
There have been amazing results so far from this wonderful 4-H Food Smart Families program.
Check them out:
- 90% of youth participants now think being active is fun and good for fitness
- 89% now encourage their families to eat meals together
- 87% said their families have purchased healthier foods
- 86% now eat fruit for a snack over unhealthier options
It’s no secret that Vitamin D is important for our health.
But did you know that vitamin D isn’t the only vitamin that’s important for our health?
Vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients that our bodies need to function properly.
While we can get some vitamins and minerals from the foods we eat, it’s not always enough.
That’s why taking a daily vitamin is so important.
A daily vitamin can help fill in the gaps and ensure that our bodies are getting all the nutrients we need.
Healthy Food Activities for Kids
Look at my son keeping tabs on how our Fuji apples are growing at home.
We do this regularly as a family.
It is never too late to teach and engage young kids to learn how our world works and how they can approach healthy eating habits in a sustainable and affordable way.
At 4H, kids will learn all they need to share the information with their families.
They can all choose to trade their lifestyle for a healthier one!
Check out the video below. You will see how 4H is working on training these awesome kids!
You will be blown away by how much these teens are working and how well they teach others about healthier living.
It will change families and help them grow closer together and stronger.
I can’t wait to get my kids involved!
Thank you for reading all about this healthy and fun way to Teach Kids about Healthy Food!
- Essay Writing: An Encouragement To Writing SkillsAre you willing to write an essay with quality? Enhance your writing skills to ensure a better essay with quality.
- How to teach a child financial literacyIn this material, we understand how to teach a child financial education and protect them from mistakes.
- Animal Migration in Winter ~ What is Migration?What is animal migration in Winter and why do animals migrate? It is the travel of animals to another place and more.
- 10 Christmas Carols FREE Printable PackIf caroling is one of your family’s Christmas traditions, then you will LOVE this printable! Get this free download here!
- How to Make Running a Home Business Easier as a ParentFind out about all of the things you can do to make running a home-based business easier on yourself as a busy parent.