Summer is here and it’s a matter of time before the kids complain saying that they are getting bored.
In this post, I am going to share with you 100 activities and games to play in the summer!
From a treasure hunt to planting a garden that is created and maintained, you will find it all here!
Grab the 9-page printable list and mark things off as you complete them!
Fun Games to Play in the Summer
Come take a look at the next part of the fun outdoor games!
- Pick flowers
- Run through the sprinkler
Wash clothes and hang them outside to dry
- Make healthy popsicles
- Build a race track
- Play a baseball game
- Tie-die shirts!
- Play tag
- Make homemade ice cream
- Go bird watching
- Go camping in the backyard
Games to Play in Summer
Go beyond outdoor activities like bocce ball and take a look at the rest of the list!
- Play soccer
- DIY “drive in movie
- Do a puppet show outside
- Build a fort
- Make sock puppets
- Make silhouettes and shapes with a water sprayer
- Roll down a hill sideways
- Help an adult wash the car
- Make paint out of sidewalk chalk and warm water
- Read a book outside
- Have a corn hole competition
- Fly a kite
Summer Games for Outside
Make a DIY game such as an obstacle course or teach your child to take photographs of nature!
- Visit a new park
- Make a backyard obstacle course
- Watch the sunset
- Have a picnic at a park near your home
- Go fishing
- Collect empty boxes and have free creative playtime with them
- Dance in the rain
- Have a watermelon seed spitting contest
- Play hide-and-seek
- Make leaf rubbings
- Make a splash pad in the backyard
- Walk your dog
Fun Summer Games to Play Outside
The kids will love a yard game with bean bags, but take a look at these other fun ideas!
- Have a jumping jacks competition
- Roast s’mores on the fire
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Watch a baseball game on an outdoor screen
- Go for a boat ride
- Play ladder ball
- Jump in puddles after a rainstorm
- Help weed the garden and flower beds
- Cloud watch
- Go to an orchard and pick fruit
- Take a nap in a hammock
- Go Geocaching
Montessori Summer Activities
The ring toss game might not be a Montessori activity, but there are many Montessori-inspired and Montessori-friendly ideas on this long list!
- Draw with chalk outside
- Go for a bike ride
- Play tennis
- Make a nature collage
- Have a whipped cream pie throwing contest
- Make o fairy or butterfly garden
- Draw different types of trees
- Have a water balloon fight
- Have a picnic in the front yard
- Host an online play date
- Make up a day camp at home
- Have a BBQ grilling out back
Fun Games to Play in Summer
Go beyond lawn bowling and read on. The list is almost over!
- Play Jenga with empty boxes
- Play bocce ball
- Build a sandcastle in your sandbox or at the beach
- Build a bird feeder
- Go camping
- Plant a garden
- Watch insects with a magnifying glass
- Have a hula-hoop competition
- With an adult, light up fireworks and sparklers
- Count birds you see on your nature walk
- Catch fireflies, ladybugs and other insects
- Blow bubbles
Games to Play Outside in the Summer
If you like a good old scavenger hunt, then you will love these other outdoor ideas as well.
- Play a horseshoe game
- Play “Follow the Leader”
- Make a pine-cone bird feeder
- Make friendship bracelets
- Wash your bikes and wagons
- Plant flowers
- Do yoga outside
- Make a giant chess or checkers board outside and play
- Go swim in a pool
- Hide a “treasure” and go on a treasure hunt with clues
- Play “Simon Says”
- Plant seeds and watch them as they grow
Fun Games to Play Outside in the Summer
Your kids will love the water balloon fight, but so will they the arts and crafts!
- Paint with ice chalk on the driveway
- Have dinner on the back deck
- Make fresh lemonade
- Go horseback riding
- Build your own splash pad in the backyard
- Play putt-putt golf
- Make a sun catcher
- Borrow a phone or a camera and take nature pictures outside
- Make markers for your garden out of giant popsicle sticks
- Water the plants
- Record your own video during a nature walk
- Make a time capsule
Homeschool Summer Activities
Lastly, look at these last 4 ideas to complete the one hundred!
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Wash dishes outside
- Find constellations at night
- Draw your own dream Summer home
Before you get your printable, check out this amazing physical education plan for your homeschool!
12-Month Weekly Physical Education Plan for Kids
- 22 pages total in PDF downloadable form
- Save file to your computer to use year after year
- Certificate of completion included (print one for each child)
- Lessons use minimal amount of inexpensive materials that you most likely already have at home, such as a ball, cones, jump rope for ease of preparation.
- Lesson ideas for variations according to duration desired, ability level and more
- Lists of workouts with explanations for easier understanding and less time wasted figuring it out
- Workouts for every week for 12 months
- Can be used independently by older children
- Whole body, upper body and lower body schedules
- A different list of exercises for every month of the year with few repetitions in the entire year.
EU buyers, GO HERE!
Now, it’s YOUR turn!
Get the free printable PDF download here.
Simply enter your name and email address, then check your email and the printable will be right there waiting for you!