Have you ever felt overwhelmed? Have you let like you don’t know where to begin planning lessons, scheduling field trips, keeping track of your children’s attendance? And the list goes on and on. You know what? You are not the only one. We all have felt this way one way or another.
In all the stress of everyday homeschool life, there is hope. There is a ray of light. Be encouraged! You CAN get organized and make it work! Just be sure to follow these simple steps to get started.
- Print out the free printable poem I made for you and keep it somewhere visible. I like to keep mine by my bathroom mirror. Read it daily or when you need that extra encouragement. You are a good mom! Believe it and live it!
- Remember to breathe and take it one step at a time. There is more time than life, so doing half the work one day (or one week) isn’t going to matter in the grand scheme of life.
- You are magnificent! You have chosen to stay home to educate your children. That is a HUGE deal! Pat yourself on the back! You rock!
- The most important thing to remember is that character is more important than academics. Focus on their hearts and your heart over any textbook or workbook you need to cover.
- Remind yourself that you are a human being with feelings and a body that need taken care of. Make time daily to move! Take your children for a walk outside. The fresh air and movement improves everyone’s mood. Enjoy yourself! Laugh! Run around with them! Tell jokes. 😀
- Repeat as often as you need to. You are the only one that can control your feelings, emotions and actions. Don’t get carried away by lack of planning, a cranky toddler or a mouthy teen. Counter all negative attitudes and thoughts with the exact opposite ones. Give yourself time. You deserve it.
There have been some things that I have learned over the years that have helped me so much as a homeschool mom. I read awesome and encouraging homeschool books for moms. No, I am not talking about textbooks. I have secured the best homeschool planner. It has been a god-send and has made my life SO. MUCH. EASIER. I highly recommend this homeschool planner.
I take time to myself. My children run around all afternoon, take a relaxing bath, use essential oils and send them to bed. I run my diffuser with relaxing essential oils and curl up to read a book I love. I am currently reading this amazing book and this super helpful book.
My husband is a priority when he is home. I love spending time with him while the kids are awake and after they go to bed. We watch a show we enjoy, I teach him Spanish or simply sit together to talk and eat a healthy snack of smoked gouda slices with crackers, grapes and a little bit of white wine.
I talk with friends. Many of my friends are physical friends, but many are online friends. Actually, some of my closest friends I’ve never met in person! They are genuine and I know I can count on them unconditionally. Friends listen, but homeschool mom friends UNDERSTAND. They just do. They know what I go through and what I struggle with. They are all priceless. <3
Dear Homeschool Mom, You Can Get Organized!
Once you can center and balance yourself, you can see more clearly and get organized. Organize you thoughts and your heart first. Believe me, your homeschool and family life will be much easier to organize and deal with then. 🙂
You are awesome! You are amazing! YOU ARE A GOOD MOM!
You may also like: