Five Little Pumpkins Craft
First, we started by reading the book Five Little Pumpkins (Harper Growing Tree) and then we made this fun and easy craft.
You will need:
– 1 sheet of contruction paper (dark blue or dark purple)
– 1 sheet of black construction paper
– 1 pair of preschool scissors
– 7-10 colored Popsicle sticks
– white glue
– foam pumpkin stickers
– wiggly eyes
Construction Paper, 9-Inches by 12-Inches, 50-Count, Assorted3-d Glitter Foam Dimensional Stickers PumpkinsPopsicle Wood Colored Craft Stick, 4-1/2-Inch – Pack of 240Fiskars 5 Inch Classic Blunt Tip Kids Scissors Wiggle Eyes Assortment, Assorted Sizes, Assorted Colors, 100/Pack
1. Cut a 2-inch strip out of the black construction paper and glue to the bottom of the dark blue or purple construction paper. This will be the “ground.”
2. Take 5 colored or regular popsicle sticks in the same color and glue vertically an inch to 1.5 inches apart.
3. Take two or three popsicle sticks and glue horizontally to resemble a gate (as in the story).
4. Glue wiggly eyes to 5 foam pumpkin stickers.
5. Place the 5 foam pumpkin stickers on the popsicle sticks gate.
6. Lay flat to dry for about 20-30 minutes.
7. Display in your child’s favorite spot.
Fall Pumpkin Wind Sock Craft
This craft was spontaneous because we had so many foam pumpkin stickers leftover.
You will need:
– 1 sheet of contruction paper (we chose light and dark green)
1. Stick the foam pumpkin stickers on the piece of construction paper.
2. Apply a strip of double-sided tape on one of the narrower ends of the construction paper.
3. Put the opposite end together so the double-sided tape holds it in a cylindrical shape.
4. Tape the pipe cleaner on the top (inside) of the cylinder with the magic tape. Bend the tip of the pipe cleaner up just a tiny bit to hold it in place.
5. Tape the other end of the pipe cleaner in the inside of the cylinder with magic tape and curl a tiny tip of the pipe cleaner up.
6. Find a spot to hang it on where it will be visible.
As you can see, these crafts are so easy to make and very easy on your budget, too.
Which one will you try first? Here are some more ideas!