Do your children love dinosaurs? I am going to bet they do. 🙂 This post is an unquestionable required reading!
There is a printable game for children.
I want to let you know that this is the best and most fun printable game for children since it is dinosaur-themed!
This really is the perfect dinosaur board game printable.
I know it because we have made this game, but with pirates.
It’ll be wonderful to print this board game out and play a dinosaur game with your family on Family Game Night!
Dinosaur Board Game Printable
This is such a wonderful and funny dinosaur game for children, yet why stop there?
Let’s go a step further and grow it into an educational experience.
Peruse some dinosaur books with your children and become familiar with them!
Let me give you some great suggestions because we simply love these titles in our homeschool!
We read some fiction books about dinosaurs. Then we read some nonfiction ones.
&When it comes to dinosaurs, they simply never get old (no pun intended). They are so fun to talk about, to learn about and to play games with (I mean toys, of course).
In this post, we are showing you our dinosaur game printable and how it is played. It is easy to play. My daughter and my son play it on their own and have a blast.
Free Printable Dinosaur Games
See, the board has 3 different colored numbers.
We need to know which cards belong to each color (use the pink cards for the pink numbers on the board, the blue cards for the blue numbers on the board and here’s the one to pay attention to: use the purple cards for the green numbers on the board).
Once the cards are cut out, use double-sided tape to fold the cards in half and secure both sides together.
See below. You should now have two-sided cards. On one side, you will have the player’s instructions.
On the other side, you will have a solid color (either purple, dark pink or blue).
I recommend that you laminate the board game and then tape both halves together with double-sided tape.
Now that the game is set up, it is time to play! Make 3 piles of cards, judging by the solid color on one side.
Once the cards are sorted and mixed well, place on the white side of the board, like on the picture below.
You will need one die and one marker for each player.
We use small shape erasers, but you can use beans, cheerio’s, raisins or glass beads.
Dinosaur Game Printable Rules
- There can be as many players as you want. Each player takes turns rolling the dice. This highest roller starts the game.
- The player rolls the die and moves that number of spaces. Look at the landing number. If it is GREEN, the player takes the top card from the purple card pile, reads it aloud and does what it says (move forward or back x number of spots).
- That turn is over.
- The rest of the players take turns doing the same until everyone has had a turn. Repeat until all reach the treasure, which is the dinosaur nest.
- To make it competitive: the first player that reaches the treasure wins the entire treasure.
- To make it non-competitive: all players split the treasure in the nest when everyone has reached it.
Free Printable Dinosaur Activities for Kids
Now that you know how to play this dinosaur printable activity, you can print it out and surprise your kids with it!
Make it a dinosaur educational unit!
5 Tips to Teaching and Animals in Winter Unit – Printable Hibernation, Migration and Adaptation Notebooking Pages