Do your kids love dinosaurs? Then this post is a must-read!
There are many printable games for kids, but let me tell you: this is the best and most fun printable game for kids because it is dinosaur-themed!
This is the perfect dinosaur board game.
I know it because we have made this game, but with pirates.
It’ll be wonderful to print this board game out and play a dinosaur game with your family on Family Game Night!
Dinosaur Board Game Printable
This is such an awesome and funny dinosaur game for kids, but why stop there?
Do what we do and expand it into a lesson.
Read some dinosaur books with your kids and learn more about them!
It is one of the most fun topics ever!
Here are some suggestions because we simply love these titles in our homeschool!
We focused on a fun one, with short stories, games, jokes and more called Spike the Dinosaur!
Then we read some nonfiction ones.
When it comes to dinosaurs, they simply never get old (no pun intended).
They are so fun to talk about, to learn about and to play games with (I mean toys, of course).
So in this post, we are showing you our free printable dinosaur board game and how it is played.
It is easy to play. My 4-year old daughter and my 6-year old son play it on their own and have a blast.
Dinosaur Free Homeschool Printables
See, the board has 3 different colored numbers.
We need to know which cards belong to each color.
Use the pink cards for the pink numbers on the board. The blue cards for the blue numbers on the board.
Here’s the one to pay attention to: use the purple cards for the green numbers on the board.
Once the cards are cut out, use double-sided tape to fold the cards in half and secure both sides together.
You should now have two-sided cards. On one side, you will have the player’s instructions.
On the other side, you will have a solid color (either purple, dark pink or blue).
I recommend that you laminate the board game and then tape both halves together with double-sided tape.
Now that the game is set up, it is time to play! Make 3 piles of cards, judging by the solid color on one side.
Once the cards are sorted and mixed well, place on the white side of the board, like on the picture below.
You will need one die and one marker for each player.
We use small shape erasers, but you can use beans, cheerio’s, raisins or glass beads.
There can be as many players as you want. Each player takes turns rolling the dice. This highest roller starts the game.
The player rolls the die and moves that number of spaces. Look at the landing number.
If it is GREEN, the player takes the top card from the purple card pile, reads it aloud and does what it says (move forward or back x number of spots).
That turn is over.
The rest of the players take turns doing the same until everyone has had a turn.
Repeat until all reach the treasure, which is the dinosaur nest.
To make it competitive: the first player that reaches the treasure wins the entire treasure.
To make it non-competitive: all players split the treasure in the nest when everyone has reached it.
Free Printable Dinosaur Activities for Kids
Now that you know how to play this dinosaur game, you can print it out and surprise your kids with it!
Make it an educational unit!
Thank you for visiting our Free Printable Dinosaur Activities for Kids post!
We hope you enjoy this printable game for kids and take a look at more free printable dinosaur games and free printable dinosaur activities and worksheets!
Your family will enjoy them all!
Mini Dinosaurs in a Jar Craft + Pet Dinosaur Books | Artsy Momma
Printable Dinosaur Bookmark | Easy Peasy and Fun
Dinosaur Matching Game for Toddlers | Simple Fun for Kids
Dinosaur Connect the Dots Printables | Living Life and Learning
- 6 Top Essential Oils to Support the Respiratory SystemDo you suffer from temporary or recurring respiratory problem? They are quite petulant, especially with babies and children, aren’t they? Are you searching for a natural way to help treat your or your family members’ symptoms? You are definitely not alone. Millions of people suffer from some type of respiratory…
- Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions when Traveling with kids: Navigating Eating Abroad with EaseKeep reading to know the best tips for managing food allergies and dietary restrictions while traveling with kids.
- How different age groups can benefit from different types of choresDifferent types of chores, when assigned appropriately to various age groups, can help children develop various skills, transforming mundane housework into a tool for valuable life lessons.
- Supporting Homeschooling Families: Role of Social WorkersSocial workers help create a positive, nurturing environment for homeschooling, supplying all the necessary resources for great learning experiences.
- Awesome Chore Ideas for Older Kids (Upper Elementary and up)Continuing with our series on children and chores, today’s focus is on awesome chore ideas for older kids—those in upper elementary and beyond.
5 Tips to Teaching and Animals in Winter Unit – Printable Hibernation, Migration and Adaptation Notebooking Pages