Perhaps you have heard about a Jesse and a branch and Jesus around this time of year.
And you would be right to be curious and to want to do research about it.
So let me get you started on this great Biblically-inspired activity called the Jesse Tree project.
In this post, I will share with you what the Advent Jesse Tree is, how it works, a DIY activity you can make with your kids and how it’s a great yearly tradition.
But the most important thing I want you to be aware of is that it all revolves around the birth of Jesus.
Jesse Tree Symbols
The Jesse Tree is an awesome tradition that my children and I have and look forward to every year.
It starts on December 1st because there is a little Bible reading each day in the 25 days leading up to Christmas Day, the birthday of Jesus.
Jesse was the father of King David and both are in the family tree of our Savior, Jesus.
It comes from the verse in the book of Isaiah in the Bible:
There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of his roots. And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. And his delight shall be in the fear of the LORD.
You will decorate an ornament each day, you have a Jesse Tree symbol that represents the genealogy of Jesus, starting with Creation, Adam and Eve and many others.
You read what the day of advent symbol represents and the Bible chapter or Bible story that is listed with it.
If you want to keep it shorter for younger children, you can read the chapter ahead of time and mark a few of the most important verses to read about the symbol for that day.
DIY Jesse Tree Ornaments
In the days and weeks leading up to the birth of Jesus (December 25th), you can set up an ornament exchange.
In it, you have each family decorate a set I nadir own way and then get together and exchange them with each other.
Sign them in the back so you know which family decorated each ornament.
This set of Jesse Tree ornaments can be easily put on a Christmas tree.
You can also put up a strand or two of ribbon and hang them up on it.
Simply fold the top tab in half and it easily sits on the ribbon.
To make it more festive or more fun, use small clothespins.
I have a tiny Christmas tree specifically for these, so we place each ornament on the tree after we read the Bible.
Jesse Tree Printable Set
I have made a printable set that will make your life so much easier.
Simple purchase, download, print and cut.
On the day of, have your children help color them in their own way and do the reading.
Whether you choose to hang it up on a tree or a strand of ribbon, children will love to add one each day.
Remind your children that this activity points to the story of God and how He sent His Son to save us.
Printable Jesse Tree Kit
Come and get your printable Jesse Tree kit here.
Like I said, all you have to do is get it, download it, print it and cut it.
The rest, you do with your children at home.
Do one per day, starting December 1st and you will end with the one of Jesus on December 25th.
Save the file so you can reprint it each year and do it all over again.
We have been doing the Jesse Tree ornaments every year for about 10 years now and it never gets old!
Advent Jesse Tree Printable Kit
This is 4 pages long. Instructions included. Download it, print it and cut it. The rest, you do with your children at home.
Do one per day, starting December 1st and you will end with the one of Jesus on December 25th. Save the file so you can reprint it each year and do it all over again.
Read more about it here. EU buyers, go here.
The Advent Jesse Tree: Devotions for Children and Adults toThe Jesse Tree: An Advent Devotionilauke 50Pcs Christmas Wooden Clothespins Mini Snowflake Clothespin Clips forBoao Christmas Wood Clips Christmas Tree Photo Clips Elk Gloves
- Kids Christmas Sweater Printables ~ Free Coloring Pages to Print & DecorateIf you are looking for some really fun and awesome Christmas printable activities, look no further! From coloring a super tacky Christmas sweater coloring page or a sweet teddy bear gift, your kids will have a lot of fun celebrating the Christmas season with these 46 free coloring pages to print! Come look!…
- Animals in Winter: What is Adaptation?During the winter months, animals have unique methods for getting through the winter safely, even when food is difficult to find. Some animals hibernate, some animals eat different foods in the winter, and some animals migrate to a new location every winter. These responses are called “adaptations.” Animals in Winter…
- Where To Find Homeschooling Resources Using the InternetIn this post, we’ll be discussing where you can get your hands on some homeschooling resources to make the process much easier and more practical.
- Animal Migration in Winter ~ What is Migration?What is animal migration in Winter and why do animals migrate? Migration is the travel of animals from one place to another, typically for the search for food or warmer temperatures. Thousands of species of animals, birds, reptiles, and even insects participate in winter migration. In fact, most animals that…
- BLACK FRIDAY SHOP SALEAre you excited to be getting a discount on some great educational homeschool resources? Well, head over to my shop to get 50% off all Bundles, Mega Bundles and Digital Books! Use Coupon Code: THANKSNOV Discount valid: November 23-29, 2021 Below are a few examples! Some Bundles Some Mega Bundles…