Have you ever thought of the connection between your gut and brain? Do you know that digestive problems such as Leaky Gut Syndrome (LGS) can cause autoimmune diseases? If your answers were negative, then keep reading.
Many recent studies have proven that some digestive issues which can’t be simply explained by doctors are the result of Leaky Gut Syndrome. What is it? The Leaky Gut is the condition when the tight junctions of the gut do not work properly.
That is, their role is to be bound tightly and create a ‘’wall’’ which will not let harmful bacteria from the guts flow into the bloodstream. And when that “wall breaks”, there appear some holes/gaps in our gut lining and it becomes penetrable for all the toxins and microorganisms.
Causes of a Leaky Gut
Causes of the Leaky Gut Syndrome are many but are mainly connected with the food we eat. One of the worst ingredients in the food that can cause LGS is gluten, the protein in wheat, and the component we use every day. Including too much gluten in our diet, can cause not only digestive issues like LGS but also up to mental problems.
That’s why people nowadays prefer a gluten-free diet which is not just “trendy” as many think but healthy. The next guilty ingredient is a diary. Like gluten, dairy also loosens the tightness of the gut line, which in its turn “welcomes” all the toxins and microorganisms into the bloodstream.
The foreign substances in the blood and the inflammation cause autoimmune response of the body, which is surely normal. There are lots of other factors like alcohol, nicotine, sugar, GMOs, and artificial sweeteners which may increase digestive problems. Excluding these components from your daily diet will help you much more than you can imagine.
How to know if you have symptoms of leaky gut.
Some of the signs of having a leaky gut may seem to you normal but if you have at least some of these, you should consider the “chance” of having the syndrome: Chronic fatigue, headaches, memory and attention issues, joint pain, chronic diarrhea, bloating or gas, sugar-dependence, low immune system, skin problems like acne, rosacea or eczema, and even autoimmune diseases like arthritis, type 1 diabetes, sclerosis and celiac diseases.
The problem is that there is a connection between our gut and brain and the leaky-gut condition can also affect your brain system causing depression, anxiety, and even suicidal thoughts.
If you seem to have some of these, it’s time to turn to a doctor and review your diet. Maybe you should change it thoroughly.
Increase Your Immune System
To increase the immune system and to heal the Leaky Gut Syndrome, you should omit all the meals that contain gluten, sugar, dairy, and even caffeine. Instead, you should use more healthy food such as vegetables and fruits, healthy fats (fish oil, avocado), include probiotics and immune support medicine, have a short walk outdoors after eating, and exercise daily.
As we know our guts are responsible for a huge part of our immune system (like 70%). And as Hippocrates said, “All diseases begin in the gut”. Thus, if you want a healthier life, you should be attentive to what you eat daily, be attentive to the signals your body gives and take care of yourself.
As you know, as homeschoolers, we have a lot more freedom and flexibility to prepare meals for our children that we know will be able to nourish their bodies and boost their immune systems. This will avoid them having digestive issues as well as putting them at risk for autoimmune diseases.
This can also be a great way to take advantage of teachable moments and really take the time to show your children how to make healthier choices as well as teach them how to cook meals that will give their growing bodies the nutrition that they need.
- Kids Christmas Sweater Printables ~ Free Coloring Pages to Print & DecorateIf you are looking for some really fun and awesome Christmas printable activities, look no further! From coloring a super tacky Christmas sweater coloring page or a sweet teddy bear gift, your kids will have a lot of fun celebrating the Christmas season with these 46 free coloring pages to print! Come look!…
- Animals in Winter: What is Adaptation?During the winter months, animals have unique methods for getting through the winter safely, even when food is difficult to find. Some animals hibernate, some animals eat different foods in the winter, and some animals migrate to a new location every winter. These responses are called “adaptations.” Animals in Winter…
- Where To Find Homeschooling Resources Using the InternetIn this post, we’ll be discussing where you can get your hands on some homeschooling resources to make the process much easier and more practical.
- Animal Migration in Winter ~ What is Migration?What is animal migration in Winter and why do animals migrate? Migration is the travel of animals from one place to another, typically for the search for food or warmer temperatures. Thousands of species of animals, birds, reptiles, and even insects participate in winter migration. In fact, most animals that…
- BLACK FRIDAY SHOP SALEAre you excited to be getting a discount on some great educational homeschool resources? Well, head over to my shop to get 50% off all Bundles, Mega Bundles and Digital Books! Use Coupon Code: THANKSNOV Discount valid: November 23-29, 2021 Below are a few examples! Some Bundles Some Mega Bundles…