For the next 6 months or so, we will be focusing on Biology (living things) in our Science studies. We will be studying the general aspects and some specifics of animals, humans and insects.
This lesson is on the Animal Cell. We learn its parts, we label them, we draw them, we use a hands-on 3D model and use a printable set (FREE to you!) to make it all easy to retain.
Come look at what we did and at our other Science ideas and activities!
Animal Cell Books and Resources
This printable is only a small part of our entire set below! Check it out! I think you’ll love getting the entire set and making a unit out of it!
Hands-on Animal Cell Model
This is the 3D Animal Cell model we got and it is great. I highly recommend it because it is very kid-friendly. It comes with 26 detachable parts, a display board and a labeling booklet and chart.
We have fun putting it together over and over again and learning the names of the different parts of it. We love it that we can display it on its board because it simply is beautiful.
Let the kids explore the model and learn about it. Discuss organelles and their functions! Read some more about the cell membrane and golgi bodies.
Plant and animal cells have many of the same parts and same names, but obviously, something makes them different, so it would be fun going into that tangent, too.
Free Printable Animal Cell
And now for the printables! This set of animal cell printables is awesome! It includes an animal cell model (labeled), the model unlabeled and the animal cell printable labels for kids to reconstruct on their own.
The blank animal cell pages in the printable pack will be super helpful, too! It will be fun to create the animal cell diagram to reproduce and learn from.
Here is our FREE printable set! Yes! You can download your own free animal cell printable set. Let me tell you what you will get in this set and how to use it.
By the way, you will want to consider getting a laminator with thermal laminating pouches as well as dry erase markers (we like the washable kind) and/or dry erase crayons (again, we like the washable kind) for these activities.
Beautifully detailed Animal Cell Anatomy Model – 26 detachable parts!Famemaster 4D-Science Plant Cell Anatomy ModelMcdonald Publishing Plant And Animal CellsLearning Resources Cross-Section Animal Cell ModelEin-O Science BioSigns Bacteria
You will get:
1) An image of the animal cell with 8 parts drawn and labeled. This one is great to learn 8 parts of the animal cell and use dry erase markers/crayons to color each part as your child repeats each part’s name.
The parts of the cell are light in color to offer your child a frame of reference, but to still leave room for your child to draw his own animal cell parts.
2) An image of the animal cell with the 8 parts drawn and marked with arrows. The child will then use the first image to copy the names of each part and eventually, write them down by heart.
3) An image of the animal cell with only the nucleus in the center for reference. Your child will then use the first image to draw the rest of the parts of the cell and label each part.
4) An image of only the outside of the cell. Your child will use the first image as reference or just draw it and label it all by heart. This is a great image for quizzing.
5) Labels for the animal cell, its parts and some blank labels in case you wanted to teach more than 8 parts.
In these activities, my son decided to label them all himself by writing them down, but I did include the labels, in case your child wanted to use those instead.
Get your Free Animal Cell Printable Set
GIANTmicrobes Cancer (Malignant neoplasm) Plush ToyGIANTmicrobes Brain Cell (Neuron) Petri DishGIANTmicrobes Plush Common Cold MicrobesGiant Microbes E. coli (Escherichia coli) Plush ToyGiant Microbes C. Diff Plush
You might also like: