You are not alone!
I confess that I wasn’t the most dedicated when it came to packing healthy lunches for co-op days.
In all honesty, it was easier to go with the practical. Well, no more!
I am committed to do right by my kids!
So I have seriously sat down to ponder and in this post, I have compiled a great list of 40+ healthy lunch ideas for kids!
We appreciate you reading our post that may help your family’s health.
For our Health Advice and Recommendations Policy, please click here.
Montessori at Home Kid Lunch Ideas for Home or Homeschool Co-op
With these healthy kids lunch ideas, you will find that this is the perfect opportunity to Teach Kids about Healthy Food!
There are some meals below that have sides and add-ons that would go well, but just take a look at our snacks ideas list to give you even more ideas on what to include in these lunch meals.
- warm vegetable or bone broth or soup in a thermos and delicious rice
- deli meat and cheese slice roll-ups
- sandwich with deli meat and soft cheese
- tossed salad with a hard-boiled egg (dressing on the side)
- bagel with cream cheese
- pb&j sandwich with eggless oatmeal cookies
- bagel with soft cheese
- homemade pizza
- scrambled eggs and avocado
- salad with grilled chicken and dressing
- organic pasta
- hummus with pita bread
- almond flour banana bread
- rolled lasagna with French bread
- fresh berries with yogurt and granola
- cheese quesadilla with avocado and salsa
- tortilla chips with ground beef, shredded cheese and guacamole
- cooked gluten free oatmeal with a handful of berries
- pasta salad and string cheese
- chili with beans and tortilla chips
- vegetarian zucchini rolls
- raw or steamed vegetable medley with salad dressing and shredded cheese
- awesome potato tacos and guacamole
Calphalon Easy Grip Apple Corer SlicerMueller Austria V-Pro 5 Blade Adjustable Mandoline Slicer – White/GreyBentgo Kids Childrens Lunch Box – Bento-Styled Lunch Solution OffersZojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar, Silver
More Healthy Lunch Ideas for Kids
Here are some more homeschool co op ideas for lunches you can make at home and enjoy at co-op.
Today, we went to our homeschool co-op and my daughter had plenty of praise for their lunches there.
She also had some great suggestions, so I included them here!
- grilled cheese sandwich with baby carrots
- homemade pancakes and fruit or yogurt
- homemade chicken nuggets
- meatballs in hotdog bun and side salad or coleslaw
- soup and brown rice
- chicken strips with cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices
- homemade breakfast burrito with avocado and salsa
- scrambled eggs and bacon strips
- soft cheese with cucumber and tomato sandwich and a clementine
- white bean dip and tortilla chips with mini pickles
- scrambled egg sandwich and mini sweet bell peppers
- smoked salmon with cream cheese and cucumber sandwich and pickle wedges
- chef salad with pita bread or naan wedges and sliced apple
- homemade waffle and cinnamon yogurt and berries
- salad and chicken wrap with salad dressing and mini bell peppers
- avocado and mayo dip with pita wedges or thin bagel and beans
- homemade scones with yogurt and berries
- caprese salad with bruschetta and apple slices
- ground beef and cheese quesadilla with guacamole
- scrambled egg and bacon quiche slice and cut-up fruit
- “pizza” sandwich (tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni) with side salad and dressing
Kids Cook Real Food eCourse
Do You Wish Your Kids Knew How To Cook?
We Teach Kids To Cook So Your Family Can THRIVE With Healthy Food!
This eCourse organizes over 30 basic kitchen skills into logical steps so you can:
- Spend more quality time with your kids (without worrying about what to do)
- Teach your children how to cook their own healthy meals so that they are more prepared for adulthood
- Bring complicated cooking techniques down to a child’s level that makes it fun and memorable – we focus on the skills, not the food, so it’s easy to make it work for any allergies you’re dealing with as well
- Build self-esteem and confidence with the foundation of authentic work – and watch in amazement as your family life runs more smoothly
- Fight back against the damage processed foods wreak on your family’s health as you enjoy fresh, from-scratch meals for which everyone played a role
Beginner lessons focus on small motor control, dexterity, and basic kitchen skills.
- Spreading & Peeling
- Slicing Soft Foods with a Dull Knife
- Cross-Hatch Pattern Cuts
- Measuring Ingredients
- Soaking Dry Beans
- Pouring Skills
- Washing & Tearing Salad
- Working with Dough
Intermediate lessons focus on recipe independence, intro to sharp knives and stovetop safety.
- Following a Recipe Well
- Intro to Sharp Knives
- Cracking Eggs
- Making a Recipe Without Help
- Stovetop Safety & Cooking Rice
- Flipping Pancakes
- Rolling Dough
- Browning Ground Meat
Advanced lessons focus on sharp knife skills, oven safety and making meals independently.
- Sharp Knife Skills, Levels 1-4
- Slicing & Dicing Vegetables
- Crushing Garlic
- Cutting Whole Fruits
- Sauteing Vegetables
- Cooking Dry Beans
- Cooking Eggs
- Homemade White Sauce
- Steamed Vegetables
This course is great because it offers:
- Over 30 Basic Kitchen Skills your child needs to make their own food – even if they only want to eat 5 foods right now
- Up to 24 Weeks of Lessons at your own pace
- Over 45 Professionally Produced Videos that will captivate your child’s attention, even if they have trouble sitting still
- Over 200 Pages of PDF Downloads – super skimmable for busy parents!
- Recipe Books Made Just for Kids (but with real dinners wayyyy beyond chicken nuggets and French fries)
- 3 Skill Levels to reach your child no matter what they have already done (or not) in the kitchen
- Quality Time with your Children in a chaotic world – that’s actually productive!
Are you a gluten free family? Check out our post: Family-Friendly Gluten Free Recipe Ideas
Not enough ideas? Check out our 40+ Quick, Easy & Delicious Lunch Ideas for Busy Moms or these Quick, easy and healthy lunch ideas for homeschoolers (or anyone)
Need snack ideas? Click here to check those out!