Let’s face it: kids are ALWAYS hungry! Well, at least it seems like they are!
It has been a big challenge for me when it comes to my kid with ultra fast metabolism.
I am completely ready to revamp our snack rut and opt for better snacks for my kids.
Are you looking for ideas for healthier snacks for kids? It’s here!
I have made a list of healthy snack ideas for kids that you can have at home or for homeschool co-op.
We appreciate you reading our post that may help your family’s health. For our Health Advice and Recommendations Policy, please click here.
Montessori at Home Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids
Here are some awesome healthy snacks ideas that I think your kids will absolutely love!
This is the perfect opportunity to Teach Kids about Healthy Food! Are you gluten free?
Check out our post: Family-Friendly Gluten Free Recipe Ideas
- baby carrots with ranch dressing
- celery sticks with peanut butter or ranch dressing
- cheese sticks or slices
- Greek yogurt
- a sliced apple wrapped with rubber band to avoid turning brown
- a banana
- cut-up cantaloupe and pineapple
- small sweet bell peppers
- a scrambled egg
- a hard-boiled egg
- rolled-up deli meat
- kid-friendly crackers
- popped popcorn
- a Clif bar for kids
- a small salad with dressing on the side
- a 1-slice sandwich with jelly
- homemade sweet rolls
- a mini bagel with soft or cream cheese
- beef jerky (with no nitrates)
- eggless banana bread slices
- sliced nectarine in a baggie
- clementines (tangerines)
- a handful of almonds or pecans
- a fruity smoothie in a bottle (link to my post)
- pre-packed fruit cups (in coconut water or fruit juice)
- veggies and hummus
- gluten free pretzels or pretzel rods
- appetizers can also work as snacks
- Mexican gorditas
- fluffy pumpkin cookies
Calphalon Easy Grip Apple Corer SlicerMueller Austria V-Pro 5 Blade Adjustable Mandoline Slicer – White/GreyBentgo Kids Childrens Lunch Box – Bento-Styled Lunch Solution OffersZojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar, Silver
Homeschooling Co op Snack Ideas
Here are some more kids snack ideas to have at home or take to co-op.
- granola bites
- oatmeal cookies (here is a great recipe)
- cooked gluten free oatmeal in a small container
- 1-slice avocado sandwich
- berry mix (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- peanut butter on apple rounds (dip apple rounds in lemon water to avoid them browning)
- frozen grapes and banana slices in a baggie
- snap peas
- cottage cheese with fruit or coconut milk yogurt
- cucumber slices or wedges with soft cheese or ranch dressing
- trail mix
- cracker sandwiches (like luncheables)
- tuna salad in pita bread
- chicken salad with gluten free crackers
- Slique® Bars: Perfect for a snack in the morning, at lunch, or after school, a Slique Bar is packed with fruits and nuts and is a delicious option to reach for instead of junk foods.
- potato salad
- homemade cinnamon applesauce
- cole slaw
- sliced radishes, baby carrots and cucumber rods
- dried apricots
- cold pasta
- banana chips
- whole pickles
- homemade kale chips
- fruit medley
- cherry tomatoes with fresh cheese squares
- peanut butter and honey bread triangles
- tzatziki sauce on cucumber rounds
- mini bell peppers
Don’t you think that these are some fun snack ideas for kids to try?
I just packed some of these for my kids today and I got lots of compliments from them!
Try some out! Not enough ideas? Check out our Healthy Snack Recipes!
Need lunch ideas for homeschool, for school or for homeschool co-op? Check out our ideas!