The children’s book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is one of the most beloved books in our home.
When I was a school teacher, my young students loved it, too.
My students could probably sit and read it for a while.
Now, my kids and I get to enjoy it together at home.
In this post, we have a super fun activity: The Very Hungry Caterpillar printable book!
Visit our caterpillar and butterfly hub HERE!
We have dozens and dozens of awesome printables, activities and ideas that your kids will love!
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft ~ Printable Book
These The Very Hungry Caterpillar printables are awesome!
They are perfect for younger kids and for older kids!
My children, ages 6 and 8 loved these!
First, we read aloud the book that this activity is about, of course!
Then, after we read the book, we continued with all the fun.
You can also get these The Very Hungry Caterpillar activities free printables (at the end of this post).
So, let’s talk about how this works:
- download The Very Hungry Caterpillar printable book
- print it out in black and white (one for each child)
- cut it out
- put the very hungry caterpillar mini book printable PDF together with a stapler
Once the hungry caterpillar printables are ready, gather a pencil for each child and coloring utensils (crayons, markers, coloring pencils, watercolors, etc).
Very Hungry Caterpillar Homeschool Printables ~ Color and Number Names
Alright, let’s get started with The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini book PDF printable.
First, you can choose to color the pictures all at once, like a coloring book, do all of the handwriting at once or you can choose to do one page at a time (handwriting and coloring).
But these The Hungry Caterpillar printables we also made to teach the names of each color and the names of the numbers 1-5.
You can do that all at once and do the handwriting and coloring later.
The very hungry caterpillar free printable book
Don’t you love these hungry caterpillar pictures to print anytime you want your kids to practice their handwriting and/or the names of colors and the names of the numbers 1-5?
These free printable activities for The Very Hungry Caterpillar are perfect for kids of different ages.
Maybe the younger ones aren’t writing yet, but they can still color the pictures and learn the names of colors and numbers.
If you want another booklet with coloring pages that focus on the days of the week and names of food, then please click HERE!
Hungry Caterpillar Pictures to Print
This printable includes a short hungry caterpillar food list.
It only includes the fruit and not the food it ate on Saturday.
But The Very Hungry Caterpillar mini book printable is full of many learning and fun activities.
To get The Very Hungry Caterpillar coloring book, simply enter your email in the box below and check your inbox!
The PDF file will be right there waiting for you to download and print for your littles!
Thank you for checking out our The Very Hungry Caterpillar Craft ~ Printable Book (Color and Number Names Printable Book) post!
You might also like:
Famous Artists for Kids ~ Lessons Inspired by Eric Carle
$10.00Add to cart
Eric Carle Hungry Caterpillar Inspired Bundle Deal ~ Art Tutorial & Printable Activities
$20.00Add to cart
Activities and Printables Inspired by the Caterpillar Book
$10.00Add to cart
Awesome Caterpillar Activity Bundle
$10.00Add to cart
To get your own set (14 giant magnets) to surprise your kids with it, see the link below.
Their eyes will light up at how large they are and how fun they are to use.
You will love the high quality that they are and how durable they are, especially with little hands handling them regularly.
- Raising A Bilingual Baby Or Child: 9 Tips For How To Do ItLet’s discuss some wonderful tips about raising a bilingual baby or child successfully.
- Christmas Gift List Ideas ~ Foreign Language Learning for KidsParents are always torn when it comes to gift-giving. They want their kids to have fun with their gifts, but at the same time, let’s face it, it would be great if they were educational. In this post, we share some Montessori-friendly Christmas Gift List Ideas. This time, we focus…
- The Transformative Power of Writing in Cultivating CreativityThe power of writing is more than just a method of communication; it is a powerful tool that can significantly enhance and cultivate creativity.
- Animal Migration in Winter ~ What is Migration?What is animal migration in Winter and why do animals migrate? It is the travel of animals to another place and more.
- How to Coach Adult Children in Essay Writing: Crafting Profound Narratives with ImpactFor adult children, essay writing can be transformative, providing a platform to articulate their unique perspectives.