Do you suffer from temporary or recurring respiratory problem? They are quite petulant, especially with babies and children, aren’t they? Are you searching for a natural way to help treat your or your family members’ symptoms? You are definitely not alone.
Millions of people suffer from some type of respiratory condition that makes it difficult to live life the way they want, but essential oils may help. In this post, we will share with you 6 top essential oils to support the Respiratory System.
We appreciate you reading our post that may help your family’s health. For our Health Advice and Recommendations Policy, please click here.
6 Top Essential Oils
Many believe that certain types of Essential Oils can help support the respiratory system and improve your condition so you can continue to do the things you enjoy in life.
Here are the top six essential oils to support the respiratory system:
- Peppermint – I love the feeling of freshness it gives me and how it helps me breathe better when I have a stuffy nose.
- Eucalyptus Globulus – It is often used for the respiratory system as it can be a powerful expectorant and a great protector of sinuses. For children, Eucalyptus Radiata will work better, as it has a milder fragrance. Personally, I wouldn’t mix both Peppermint AND Eucalyptus with children. One or the other will be fine. You can also alternate, with a few hours in-between uses.
- Cedarwood – It is a strong purifier and great to use in a diffuser.
- Cypress – Derived from the Greek word that means “live forever,” it helps keep our bodies in good health.
- Pine – One of my favorites, as it smells amazing! I love to diffuse Peppermint and Pine together during the December-February season.
- Rosemary – It is one of the oils in the wonderful and amazing blend called Thieves. It is one of the ingredients that makes the blend so powerful!
These oils have therapeutic properties believed to improve all types of respiratory conditions. They help clear your home of allergens, germs and viruses that make respiratory problems worse. They also contain decongestant and antiseptic properties that help clear up your chest, head and nasal passages, so you can breathe easier.
My friend wasn’t feeling well and needed something to support her Respiratory System. I made a vegetable capsule for her with MCT (coconut) oil and 4 drops of each of the oils above and I also included Lemon Essential Oil. She said that right after she took it, she could tell a difference and says that it actually “kicked” it.
Essential Oils Pocket Reference 7th Edition – Full Color EditionThe Portable Essential Oils: A Pocket Reference of Everyday RemediesCoil Bound ‘Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils’ (2018Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils, 2016 Edition
Support the Respiratory System
One of the best ways to use these oils is with a diffuser. These devices break up the oil into tiny particles that are then disperses throughout the room. When you walk into the room, you breathe the particles into the lungs where they go to work immediately to help improve you condition.
Always choose 100 percent pure grade oils because they don’t contain added ingredients that may not be healthy. Don’t use internally without consulting with an aromatherapist to ensure the oil is safe to consume. If you’re taking medication for your respiratory condition, check with your doctor before using essential oils. Some oils can have an adverse effect when used with certain types of medications.
Young Living Essential Oils
Thank you for reading our post: 6 Top Essential Oils to Support the Respiratory System! We love Young Living! They are the very best in quality and in variety. I have been using them for about a decade, after trying many other kids, and have never looked back. I really hope that you can give them a try. Come and take a look at some great tips on how to use them here!