These oils clean as well and are just effective as any store bought cleaner. They’re easy to use and a lot safer for you and your family. Take a look at 10 great essential oils to clean the bathroom in a quick, efficient, effective and natural way.
We appreciate you reading our post that may help your family’s health. For our Health Advice and Recommendations Policy, please click here.
10 Great Essential Oils to Clean the Bathroom
Here are ten essential oils to clean the bathroom:
- Oregano – It doesn’t smell good at all (unless you want your bathroom smelling like a pizzeria!) But this is the thing: it is the most powerful germ deterrer! Use a couple of drops, mixed in with other better-smelling oils and you will be totally fine.
- Lemongrass – I love the smell of lemongrass and it is used for purification, which is perfect for cleaning the bathroom!
- Tea Tree – This is a great health supporter! It spooks yuckies big time, so it is great to get your bathroom not only looking sparkling clean, but it will be actually sanitized naturally.
- Lime – This one is gold! It isn’t expensive at all, it also expels the icky stuff you don’t want in your bathroom and it smells AMAZING! You can’t go wrong with this one!
- Eucalyptus – There are 8 different types: globulus, radiata, blue, etc. Globulus has a very strong smell, compared to radiata. Eucalyptus Blue is the preferred one, but it is more expensive.
- Lemon – Same as Lime essential oil and other citrus essential oils, it is inexpensive, so you won’t feel bad flushing some of it down the toilet, literally (as you clean it, I mean).
- Pine – No, this is NOT comparable to the famous floor cleaner Pine-Sol. It is a bazillion times better! Try Pine and you will see. I love putting 3 drops of Pine and 3 drops of Peppermint in a small bowl in the bathroom. The smell goes all over the bathroom and it actually lasts for days! And I should mention that it smells amazing! It’s like I’m in a forest.
- Orange – Orange is also fun to use in the bathroom, but I actually use it more in the kitchen. I love the semi-sweet smell of it a lot, so uplifting. It is not as strong as Lemon and Lime, but it is just as effective in cleaning yuckies.
- Lavender – Ah! This one is amazing to use in the bathroom, especially right before a bath. It will relax you (and your kids) to sleep soundly all night. Lavender smells so good and it is a great cleaner!
- Rosemary – I like the smell, but not everyone will. Like Oregano essential oil, it can be kind of strong, but this is what you need when you want to save on the elbow grease, if you know what I mean. Simply mix it with a citrus essential oil and you should be fine.
Enjoy Cleaning Your Bathroom Again
Your bathroom will look and smell cleaner than ever before when you make your own cleaning supplies using essential oils. They not only make your bathroom sparkle, they disinfect the surfaces as you clean. The essential oils listed above will help kill germs and bacteria that live and grow in the dark, damp places in found in bathrooms.
And you know what the best part is? Since these are all-natural cleaners, kids can help you clean! You are no longer alone in this task! Yea! Enlist your kids to help maintain the bathrooms a few times a week, after you deep clean them! This helps me tremendously at home! I deep clean twice a month and they each take turns daily to swipe the sink and the toilet. I take care of the tub and the floors. That’s half the work for me!
Another way that my life is so much easier and our home environment more natural with cleaners that are not only non-toxic, but that are actually healthy for us, is to use the Thieves Household Cleaner! Click on the image above to read more about it. It’s the 3rd picture. I love that all I need is my rag and spray bottle. One capful of the Thieves cleaner, the rest is filled up with water and done!
Essential Oils Pocket Reference 7th Edition – Full Color EditionThe Portable Essential Oils: A Pocket Reference of Everyday RemediesCoil Bound ‘Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils’ (2018Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils, 2016 Edition
Go a Step Further!
In addition to making excellent cleaning supplies, you can also use essential oils to keep your bathroom smelling great between cleanings. For example, put a couple of drops of lavender oil inside the toilet roll for a fresh scent every time you turn the roll. You can also mix a couple drops of with water in a spray bottle to make your own air freshener and give the bathroom a quick squirt anytime you need it.
Young Living Essential Oils
Thank you for reading our post:10 Great Essential Oils to Clean the Bathroom! We love Young Living! They are the very best in quality and in variety. I have been using them for about a decade, after trying many other kids, and have never looked back. I really hope that you can give them a try. Come and take a look at some great tips on how to use them here!