With no school and work, the summer vacations are, no doubt, a good break for the entire family. It’s that one time of the year when you can truly bond as a family and let go of your everyday schedule.
Almost all families will plan something or the other, which means that summer vacations can be quite chaotic. However, taking a break does not have to mean jostling through crowds or spending a bomb. You can easily have a memorable summer vacation with the entire family, something your kids will always cherish and look forward to.
7 Fun Things To Do As A Family This Summer Vacation
Here is our list of seven super fun things you can do along with your kids this summer vacation that will truly make it an unforgettable holiday:
- Stay At A Water Park: Most water parks these days have a resort in the campus, which makes it an ideal place to take a break. Remember that the park will be extremely crowded on the weekends. A good time to plan your trip would be somewhere in the middle of the week. Depending on your budget, you can go for a plan where the stay will be included in your park ticket. Most such combo offers also give a better deal on the entire package.
- Sign Up For A Family Hobby Class: Summer vacations are full of summer camps but go for the ones that also allow entire families to learn something together. From dance activities to crafts, cooking, baking, puppet making, art, sports, swimming and more, there is so much you can learn this summer vacation as a family. Your kids are sure to enjoy it, even more, when you do it as a family.
- Start A Family Reading Group: Summer vacation is the perfect time to encourage your kids to read more and also brush up your reading skills. Instead of just asking them to read, create a family book reading group. You can set up a blackboard at home where each member can write the number of books he or she completes reading and make a fun scoreboard. To make it more interesting, pick out one character each week and do something that is related to the character. For instance, if it is Harry Potter, you could do a Harry Potter styled theme party at home.
- Go Camping: If you or your kids enjoy camping, or if you still haven’t done it before, now is the time to start. Look for some easy and kid-friendly camping destinations that you can conveniently reach from your area. Create a checklist of what all you will need at the site, especially as you will be traveling with kids and may not always be able to get supplies. Make sure you also carry a first aid box.
- Make A Playhouse In The Backyard: What could be more fun than creating a big size play area for your kids right in your backyard? To make the most of the available time, assign the preparation work to your kids so that they can start working on the project while you may still be busy. Once you are home from work, you can help them with the more detailed aspects. Some fun playhouse ideas that you can make along with your kids could involve making a life-sized house using cardboards, making a tree house, setting up camp in the backyard and more.
- Board Game Marathons: Who said summer vacations are all about sitting in front of the television? In fact, it is the perfect time to get your entire family off gadgets. Bring out all the old board games that you have somewhere in the house and make some space. For those days when you are home, go for a board game marathon where you can play back to back board games together. For other days, try to stick to the ritual of playing at least one board game a day.
- Pick A New Destination: Let your kids choose a new destination that they would love to go to. Ask them to find out details about the place, such as the tourist attractions, the culture, and food, and create a full scrapbook of details. Depending on your budget, prepare your itinerary and head out.
What your kids will remember most about the summer vacations will be the time you spend together as a family and the fun you have. It is not always about heading out to a popular destination or spending exorbitantly. Instead, involve them in the plans and let them take the lead, and enjoy together!
Thank you for visiting our guest post 7 Fun Things To Do As A Family This Summer Vacation!
You might also like:
Aradhana is from India. She is a veteran writer on topics concerning parenting, child nutrition, wellness, health and lifestyle. As a regular contributor to popular sites like Huffington Post, Natural news, Elephant journal, Thehealthsite, Naturally Savvy, Curejoy and MomJunction.com, Aradhana writes to inspire and motivate people to adopt healthy habits and live a stress-free lifestyle.
Images added by The Natural Homeschool